Amateurs poke at an Electra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DannyHeatley

DannyHeatley

I've been turning pens for about 2 months now (I'm 18 years old). Mostly slimlines, but in the last two weeks I have experimented with a european and a electra. I'm new to the forum and this will be my first post with one of my first pens that isn't a slim.

Criticism is welcome!

P.S. sorry the images aren't the closest I don't have an appropriate lens for these pen pictures. :p

Oh, and I used a Electra kit, and stabilized curly maple with a CA finish.

Attachments

• IMG_9155 (Small).JPG
    IMG_9155 (Small).JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_9149 (Small).JPG
    IMG_9149 (Small).JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_9154 (Small).jpg
    IMG_9154 (Small).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_9164 (Small).JPG
    IMG_9164 (Small).JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_9157 (Small).JPG
    IMG_9157 (Small).JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 208
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

boxerman

Very nice pen. Welcome to the Vortex. Try and used something different to put your pen on the piece of wood is distracting your nice pen. :)

renowb

Welcome! I agree, use a solid background for pictures. The other objects detract from the beauty of your pen. Nice job on the pen!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Danny, (edit in: Sorry Ryley---I made an assumption!!):eek::eek::biggrin::biggrin:

It's a really nice pen!! The pics need a little help, but as I said when I got here, some years ago, "I wanted to turn better pens, not be a better photographer!!"

Traditionally, if you take pics of a fountain pen, roll it over 180 degrees. The nib should be "up", not "down" (I have NO idea why---that is, as they say, "how it's done"!!)

Have fun, enjoy turning and WELCOME to the IAP!!!

Ed

Last edited:
Great looking pen. I love the quilted action going on in the wood.
Like the petrified tree slice also but not in a picture. of a pen. You should have seen my first pen pictures, you had to look to pic the pen out of the background.

Great Job Danny! I am just getting into fountain pens myself and Richard Binder's site, Richardspens.com, has been very helpful for me. There have also been some good posts on here just recently about tuning the nib, which I would highly recommend looking up and then practicing. Richard Binder has both a fine abrasives kit along with other items I believe that is a good value ($8). I am going to get this and a book from his site, as the little bit I have done to tune the nib has improved the performance so much! The library here also has some great and free articles! Again, great job!

David

Top Bottom