Alumilte Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

What is the best version to use for casting pen blanks. I went to there website and found several with different cure times. Just getting into it and had a question.
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jthompson1995

I use the water clear for casting worthless wood; it doesn't shine up to very glossy but since you need a finish on WW anyway it doesn't really matter.

I've heard the crystal clear shines up better without a finish and so may be preferable for all resin blanks or cast tubes.

The white works really well for coffee bean blanks as well as some other spices, etc.

Buzzzz4

Just picked up some crystal clear today. Carol at Alumilite said this is what the penturners are buying as it shines up the best.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I use the original, the white, the water clear , and the crystal clear, it all depends on what you are doing with it, they each have their own purpose. If you are just making blanks with colors added then I would use the Crystal Clear.

bgio13

I have used only the water clear as I myself have just started cating as well. I can't compare this to the crystal clear because I haven't used that product yet, so not sure on how that shines up. I have been using CA on my water clear castings as they have not come out the way I would like. I hope Curtis can get into this further but I remember a while back Alumilite was working on a new product for penturners, just not sure what became of it. I would be curious if this product was available as I am running low, plus Alumilite is offering a discount during the Birthday Bash.

Top Bottom