Alternate or equivalent to DuraClick EDC?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MPVic

I have made a few of the DuraClick EDC pens and really like the design ......... except for the refill extension. Has anyone found an alternate/equivalent kit that eliminates the refill extension but still has the Schmidt mechanism?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregf

An alternative to the extender.

The Schmidt Easyflow 9000 refills from ExoticBlanks come with a black cap, I guess to protect the tip. Simply drill it out to 9/64" and cut it to length, approx. 21mm. Push it all the way onto the clicker until it touches the clip.

42299D7D-768D-4904-B81A-B3A902BE99A9.jpeg

Last edited:

jrista

Another alternative EDC that I like is the Anvil EDC. I like both pens. The Anvil is similar in design, but has a smaller diameter clicker than the Dura. Both have the nice knurled hardware, and both use the high quality Schmidt clicker mechanisms.

Another potential alt is the Headwind pen kit. I ordered several of those, but had trouble getting the bushings until very recently. So I haven't actually turned any yet. The difference is that the Headwind is a final twist. So not a clicker, but the twist mechanism is all in the finial parts. So, potential alternative...unless you really need click.

Top Bottom