Almost Kick-Off Time!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I am working up a Bash announcement, and Al is busy getting the last couple of people lined up to run contests.

In the past, we have used member polls to judge contests. I would like to try something different this year. This also will get more members involved in the Birthday Bash. If you are in charge of a contest, contact two members that aren't on the "Bash Crew" and get them to be your assistant judges. However you wish the three of you to conduct the voting on your contest is up to you.

I will post the announcement in the new Birthday Bash forum either late tonight or early tomorrow. I will mention the list of contests, and then you can list the rules of your particular contest. At this time, Jeff does not want you to post on the new Bday Bash forum. We will work out where you announce your contest. Perhaps the easiest way will be for you to send me your contest rules and format by PM, and I will post that in the new forum.

Thank you all for being willing to work on our 5th Birthday Bash! Please let Al or me know if we can do anything to help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

I know this may be a little late for this, but what if we come up with a Theme for each Birthday Bash and focus as many of our contests around this theme as possible? I think this is best suited for next years bash, but just a thought.
I did not know where I should post this so I put it here.

DocStram

I know this may be a little late for this, but what if we come up with a Theme for each Birthday Bash and focus as many of our contests around this theme as possible? I think this is best suited for next years bash, but just a thought.
I did not know where I should post this so I put it here.

Hmmmmmm .... very interesting. Tell us more. :biggrin:

Regarding Cav's Bash Announcement ..... feel free to help pitch the Bash with posts and that sort of thing. We'll need to really help "Sir Keith" with the most members online event.

melogic

I am thinking kind of like parades or dances will have a theme. Such as "The IAP 5th Annual Bithday Bash" "Burly Making It!"
And then have as many contests as possible focus around Burl woods and anything possible with Burl woods.
Such as making the Liars Club Contest be a tall tale about burl woods in the making of a pen.

I also had an idea of "The IAP 5th Annual Birthday Bash" "Cornfused and Loving It!"
Then have contests centered around corn cobs and any variation of corn cobs or even casting corn blanks like the coffee bean blanks. Just a few thoughts.

Last edited:

davinci27

Do we have anything we can offer the judges as a "thanks for judging" kind of thing. I'd pull some blanks out of my supply, but unfortunately I am a bit tapped out at the moment. I'm pretty new to this, so I turn the blanks as quick as I get them :biggrin:, and don't have a big stock pile.

Any Ideas?

Ben

Top Bottom