Almost funny

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Gary Max

Customer shows up at my shop and wants me to build him something out of old barn wood------American Chestnut--------so dry and thin you can break it by hand---but he really wants something built.
I think he is a American Chestnut junkie but that's another story.
Remember I do this for a living so for the right price---well you get the ideal
The pic is before I shot it with a coat of finish

Attachments

• amerchestnut.jpg
    amerchestnut.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 310
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

papaturner

Nice job,Gary, Funny you should mention American Chestnut,last year I did 10 pens for a customer to give family members.The wood came off the family farm. I had 2 or 3 blanks left so just I used one on my first shot at an Ultra cigar,
photo later.btw it makes an interesting pen.:)

Gary Max

I have a pile of cut offs--------customer is due in here later in the week to pick up the cabinet.
All the scrap belongs to him----unless he leaves it here.

Dario

I have a pile of cut offs--------customer is due in here later in the week to pick up the cabinet.
All the scrap belongs to him----unless he leaves it here.

Make a pen out of a small piece and show him...might make you a lot more sales. :wink:

Good job BTW.

nava1uni

I got some Antique Chestnut that was from an old house in New England and made some pens with it. It was very dry and brittle, but the pens were very nice. The blanks were long enough to get a pen and a key ring from them. The blanks came with a certificate of authentication and explained all about Caleb House. It was a big seller and it was amazing to think about the wood being over 200 years old and all of the history behind it.

Top Bottom