All to give away...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

I'm guessing you're using this setup to filter your excessstabilizing liquid before putting it back in the container.

robutacion

So far, no one got it right however, David Keller mention "stabilizing", it has something to do with it...!:)

Most of the folks stabilizing at home, would have an advantage, as this is a simple and economic way to resolve one of their problems/complaints...!:confused::wink:

PS: Sully is getting his box of goodies posted tomorrow morning...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

RichF

Based on this input, it is a filter you put inside the stabilization chamber to prevent the bubbling liquid generated by the vacuum from entering the vacuum line. The paper towels slide onto the CA bottle to serve as the fluid separator at the top of the chamber since air can pass, but liquid cannot. The CA bottle itself protects the opening from contamination with the v-cuts allowing the vacuum in the chamber.

Sully

So far, no one got it right however, David Keller mention "stabilizing", it has something to do with it...!:)

Most of the folks stabilizing at home, would have an advantage, as this is a simple and economic way to resolve one of their problems/complaints...!:confused::wink:

PS: Sully is getting his box of goodies posted tomorrow morning...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Thanks again George. I'll let you know when I get the box. I'm looking forward to turning them.

Sully

robutacion

Very well done Tim'sTurnings (Tim), I was starting to believe, this one would take forever to be answered correctly but, Tim got a bullseye...! congratulations:wink:

Yes, this is my take to resolve the problem of the oil spray/mist that most vacuum pumps have, very economically, particularly after I priced some oil exhaust filters that are made to solve this problem. Not only they are extremely expensive but they don't last long before they need replacement and that makes the whole thing, even worse.

My pump, and most of the vacuum pumps out there, in the cheap to medium price range do, lose a fair amount of oil from the exhaust at start and then when, opening the valve to let the air out of the chamber, there is when most of the oil mist is repelled from the pump's exhaust, the bigger the vacuum chamber the longer the mist will last so, I got my problem resolved by using this CA/accelerator 8oz empty bottle cut in half and with the 4 V cuts (to allow air circulating) and to "catch" the oil spray from the exhaust, that in turn, hit the top and then runs down to the paper towel for "soaking".

001.JPG 006.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG

Vacuum pump oils come in many colours, clear is always better (allows easy detection on oil contamination) but, this one is a translucent red, what most Dairy farms used around here for milk extraction pumps.

I also understand that, not all vacuum pumps have the same exhaust configuration as mine and many others, I believe, this principle can be adapted to any vacuum pump that has the oils spray problem...!

There will be (very soon) a few extra pics and info on the issue on my thread The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of "home" wood stabilisation...!

OK, thanks agains to all that gave it a go, congrats Tim, I will PM you with some details soon...!

Now that question 2 is out of the way, I will have a easy one next, and here it goes...!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Question - 3

In the next 2 pictures, there are 2 plastic items, what are the 2 "main" purposes they were made for and, what do I use them for...????

024.JPG 025.JPG

Good luck,

Cheers
George

Last edited:

JDennis

I also believe they are for changing oil on a vehicle, you use them to drain excess liquids off your materials during stabilizing.

DaveTTC

A little further on JDenis,

You put your blanks in the sieve and lower them into the oil pan which you have filled with turps or metho or something, let them soak and then drain when ready.

Being an oil pan with a pouring spout you can either recycle or dispose of your fluid as desired.

Regards

Dave

robutacion

I also believe they are for changing oil on a vehicle, you use them to drain excess liquids off your materials during stabilizing.

Oh mate, you are almost there, you've got 2 out of 3 and while you run the risk of giving the advantage to someone else by getting this far, there is only 1 more correct answer that has to be given, to get the prize.

The correct answer are as per the below order;

*- What are the 2 plastic items, "originally" made for...???

Item 1- Vehicle oil change pan.
Item 2- ...????????

*- What do I use them for...???

- Drain the Cactus Juice from the just stabilized blanks/wood.

This is all I'm going to say...!:wink::biggrin:

PS: Dave
If you need to get any further info about the wood stabilisation (s for Aussie English, z for American English...! bloody hell :eek::bananen_smilies035:, you let me know...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

DaveTTC

Ok I'm letting you know. I need to know.

As for 's' & 'z'. They need Aussie english on auto spell. So often I type and don't see what has been put in place of what I actually typed. Like the above post I ended up with anne?

It was meant to be you are the go to man

The sieve is for cleaning engine parts or from a worm farm.

Tim'sTurnings

Paypal info for shipping charges from Austrailia to US sent for my prize of pen blanks. Thanks George, fun game.
Tim of Tim'sTurnings.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
oil change pan probably for a riding mower or some other small engine; holder rack for steaming vegitables in a round pot, Used by you for draining items placed in the seive and the drain off is caught in the pan.

David Keller

I'll guess that the perforated pan is intended to be part of a plant stand... To allow excess moisture to drain away. The oil change pan and your purpose for them has already been identified.

BTW, I get a kick out of your contests and giveaways, George... Thanks for doing them!

robutacion

Paypal info for shipping charges from Austrailia to US sent for my prize of pen blanks. Thanks George, fun game.
Tim of Tim'sTurnings.

Hi Tim,

Paypal received, parcel on its way tomorrow...!

Thank you.

David Keller

I'm glad you see the fun and purpose of my IAP participation, the intentions are modest...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

1080Wayne

You use the sieve to separate the juice from the grapes , which you mash barefooted. That enhances fermentation , leaving a product which is an effective antidote to the stress and pain caused by your failed experiments .

robutacion

Wow, I can not believe that no one have got it right, yet...!:eek:

This item comes as part (accessory) of a much bigger item, normally made also of plastic, something that has to do with certain types of weather...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

JDennis

Item 1- Vehicle oil change pan.
Item 2- ...????????

Screen out of the top of a poly rain water tank

*- What do I use them for...???

- Drain the Cactus Juice from the just stabilized blanks/wood

Top Bottom