Albuquerque says hi

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mgatten

Greetings from Albuquerque, NM!

I just started turning pens last Saturday. In two days I went through a 5-pack of the FunLine pens from PSI, and they all turned out far better than I expected my first pens to turn out. (I did blow out the second and fourth blanks I tried to use but was able to salvage the tubes. So seven blanks for five pens.) :biggrin:

I've got more kits (for better pens) on order and will be turning more soon. I'm hooked.

I do have questions, though, and went I went looking for answers online, I found this amazing community. Hopefully, I won't pester too much.

I'm looking forward to participating here! While I was waiting for admin approval I looked through a lot of threads and through the article library. This place is amazing!

Marshall

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of useful information here.

Also, note that there is a woodturner's group in Albuquerque that meets the first Saturday of the month at Woodworker's Supply from 9-12.

Show up and you won't be disappointed.

I used to make the three hour drive up north to attend them but my life has gotten too busy.

Woodchipper

Welcome from SE TN. Spent vacation in ABQ two years ago; grandson played for the Isotopes. Had a chance to do some of the tourist stuff especially that which centered around Billy the Kid and Las Vegas, NM which was the wildest of the wild west. Love the state and want to go back. Pronghorn antelope, jackrabbits, and roadrunners (the kind with feathers and not by Dodge Motors)!
Oh yes, penturning! Keep going, I have about a dozen kits ready to start. Pictures are nice. I'll get some flak on this, too. Welcome...again.

MDWine

Virginia says HEY back!
There is no place like this place near this place... this MUST be THE place!
The key here is to participate! Ask questions when you have'm, answer questions when you can, and make friends!

Yeah... pics

Top Bottom