Air brushing pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

I just bought an air brush set. I can use it for some WWing projects on the to-do list. Has anyone had experience with air brushing pen blanks? Finish used or paint? Advice? Many thanks. FWIW, Youtube has a lot of videos for this but I would like something more specific on pen blanks.

arioux

Hi,

I have experienced air brushing few yers ago. Don't have photo of fisnish product unfortunately. Worked well for me. Did some "sun burst" pen using Gibson and Fender colors, to match their guitar colors.

Had good succes witht hem.

Good way to use those dull no grain blanks that you have. Make sure your paint is well thinned, you don't want to build a thick coat of paint.

CA was the best finish i found as other finish can contain solvent and as you probably know, solvent and paint don't go well togheter ;)

Or turn blanks smaller and cast your final result .

Woodchipper

I'm back. not into casting by anxious to give air brushing a try. Have some pecan wood that is rather bland but could use some dressing up. I envision some rather decorative designs and some really wild designs. I assume that you are applying CA over the paint? Merci, mon ami!
What I have I gotten into? Help!

Top Bottom