Ahoy!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
how's this for a ship in a bottle?

ship.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tn-Steve

Cool... I'm sure somebody will honestly want to know how you built that in there. :)

Nice work, look great in a bottle of Capt. Morgan I'm sure

yeah it's a bottle stopper. I used a testors decal. the method is not worth talking about until I figure out a better way. if you look at it from any other angle, you can see the ceal too good. it looks like a stink is in there. maybe someone can take this idea and make it better.

massmans

It is pretty easy to cast items in bottle stopper blanks with PR. You would just need to find a ship around 1" diameter or a tad bigger. The pour your base color about 3/4" deep and let harden. Then place the ship in the middle of your mold (i use pill bottles). Then pour clear pr on top and put it under vacuum. I do mine for about 20 minutes. Then put it under pressure. I usually open the paint pot and check it between vacuum and pressure to make sure the item hasnt moved. I also check it about an hour into pressure. After that the clear layer will start to harden.

I attached a picture of a metal flower brad from the scrapbooking section of most craft stores.

Attachments

• 2_small.jpg
    2_small.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 150
  • topsmall.jpg
    topsmall.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 183
I have put objects in the stoppers before, I wanted to see how the decal thing would turn out cuz I was thinkin maybe I could put names and words in there. I would like to find a tiny pirate ship. may lego has'em....:rolleyes:

Top Bottom