acrylic pen blank pigments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Little more definition Joan; do you mean deeper or dark blue or dark brown? Do you want sparkle or flat, solid colors or a Pearl-ex type coloring?
My first answer would be "Just add more".

redneckmedic

I'm with Jim on this one, you can add a filler to give the blank more body, or mix two colors to darken one, reverse painting helps darken a translucent blank... but only a bit. Adding a little more color slowly helps too.

Pjohnson

Been down this path and have learned quite a bit in the past year - with much more to learn.

I started with the pearl ex powders and poured many blanks. Given the translucent nature of the colors, it is recommended that the brass tube be painted and/or reverse painting of the blank. You will find many interesting and amazing blanks with this method. Some folks vary the color they paint the tube. The varying affects are amazing.

For deeper (i interpret as opaque) colors - I recently purchased the 12 color kit from US Composites. I have poured 5-6 blanks so far and turned two. I like the affect and the richness of the color.

I also poured opaque blanks with a mix of the pearlex (green opaque/white macro pearl) ... I am heading to the shop this evening to see how they came out. If I like the first one, there will be a total of six in this shade being given as gifts to co-workers.

I hope this helped.

PJ

teamtexas

Not sure how its going to work with the darker colors, but I used model paint to color some sky blue castings and it was a nice opaque change from the pearl ex colorants.

Dan

Top Bottom