A whole new life.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Steven, I love your positive attitude! I'm glad you're seeking out the best medical care. I am sending you my best thoughts and wishes! Take care my friend!

Scott.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi guys...
I had my very first round of treatment yesterday. Very pleasant surroundings big room with about 7 or 8 AMAZINGLY comfortable leather reclining chairs....... I really want one of them for home.😀

Missus and i were just admiring the view of the beautiful stream outside the window while the drips were going in...

The treatment nurse came over and said my cancer consultant was going to come around and see us...

Few minutes later the consultant comes in.....sits next to us and says......

' Really sorry to tell you this but you also have colorectal cancer '😯

To be honest, we all knew there was an issue down there but we kinda hoped it wouldn't be that.

Oh well.....just another fight we will accept. 😀

jttheclockman

Hey Skip you can beat this buddy. Keep positive and may the Good Lord guide your doctors and keep you safe. Will say a prayer for you and the family.

Don Rabchenuk

Praying for you and yours.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 102

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Haha.......ok a day for some smiles. :)

My dear wife and I have decided that whichever way these unwanted journeys that we are now on, take us, they will NOT get us down no matter what.
We will spit in it's eye and laugh and joke till the cows come home. I'm determined that the last thing to leave my body will be my sense of humour !!:cool:

So...... if you are of a certain age, you may have heard of the horror/wonder-drug called Thalidomide. It caused devastating birth defects in the late 60's and early 70s, when it was prescribed to pregnant women to ease morning sickness. I think it's use in USA was quickly stopped, before the rest of the world. However, it is now a very effective drug used in the fight for some cancers, and is part of my treatment.
You have to take very serious control on the storage and handling of the stuff to take home and of course, no intimacy......
You have to sign legal forms etc.

As I live and am being treated in Wales, you may know that Wales is a big 'sheep country' and of course the standard jokes about lonely farmers abound......

A few years ago, an old IAP friend gifted me a naughty T shirt that I wore to my second treatment visit yesterday. ( Thanks D ;) ) I told the treatment nurses that it was showing my commitment and seriousness of using Thalidomide.....
It got a good laugh from them and I'm pleased to say that several of my fellow sorry comrades in the treatment room also had a smile or two.
Even some that are obviously in a bad way....

Anyway, here's the pic. Apologies for the shaky hands. It says.... Baaaaa Means No !!!!! :) Thanks again D
Baa.jpg

jttheclockman

Now we have to take a step back here because you said you had a sense of humor and it has not left your body, have to say I think that ship sailed many years ago. I believe I will have to start making some more pens and showing them here to get you back in the joking mood again and you can make your somewhat smart comments that we all miss here. I will try to do my part in helping you in this recovery period and to sacrifice my humility and humbleness to do so, so be it. :D:D:D😜 Listen while you are in the doctors rooms leave all the stainless tools alone. We all know your affection for stainless!!! They do not know what they are in for yet but you gave them a clue with that hat. Now the detectives have evidence too. Anyway get well quickly and with Gods hand you will. Take care buddy.

wizard

Steven,
When I see a post from you I get excited to see what you created or helping another member with your experience. Not this. Steven my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Check your PM.
Kindest Regards,
Doc:)

JohnU

I'm sorry to hear this. Thankfully it appears you and your doctors have a great start at fighting it. My thought, prayers and best wishes to you Skip for a speedy recovery.

Top Bottom