Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

polarbear1

As over 1,000 of you have already read in the "Other things we make" forum, I have entered a wood working contest. What it really amounts to is, 215 wood workers have sent in pictures of their best project, for people to vote on. In first place right now is a bible stand, it's a beautiful piece of work, but so are about 200 of the other entries. I surmise the bible stand was entered by a church leader/woodworker, and the entire congregation and their families were persuaded to vote for it. The only way I can compete with a group that large is to get help from my wood turning friends on the IAP. I know a lot of you have already voted and for that I am totally appreciative, if you haven't I would be grateful if you would take 30 seconds right now to help me out Voting ends on Monday 2-22-10.

Simply go to Laguna tools
http://www.lagunatools.com/

Click the vote button (or the link next to it)

Put in your email address and the project ID number # 192
It's a Walnut burl lamp made entirely on the lathe, the picture does not do it justice.

Laguna tools will then send you an email from; Torben Helshoj [info@lagunatools.com].

Open the email and confirm your vote, you must do this for the vote to count.
Thanks so much for your help, please reply that you voted I would like to have a drawing and send some pen blanks and the like to some of those who voted. If you have friends in your email address book who would be willing to vote I would be grateful if you let them know.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Grizz

Banned
I voted. But I wouldn't be suprised if Boris_K - vote: 108 wins the things. Carving on that is unbelievable.

polarbear1

Thanks for the votes Brian and Ryan, I appriciate it more than you know. Steve it was nice seeing you and everyone at the meeting. I will work on getting the place in Riverside for the next meeting.

Texatdurango

....In first place right now is a bible stand, it's a beautiful piece of work, but so are about 200 of the other entries. I surmise the bible stand was entered by a church leader/woodworker, and the entire congregation and their families were persuaded to vote for it. The only way I can compete with a group that large is to get help from my wood turning friends on the IAP... .

That's the problem with contests like this, it's seldom about which entry is the best, it's the entrant with the most friends! Laguna should have just judged the entries themselves.

Take entry 196 for example. There is more time and skill involved in just doing the fret work alone than is involved in over half of the entries, let alone the rest of his masterpiece. How can he compete against a congregation either!

polarbear1

Thanks angboy, Ken, Gary, Kevin, Robert and George. I agree with you George it's not really about the best work but who can get the most votes. But Laguna tools only reason for having this competition is to get a database full of email addresses they can use to market their products, that is why they even offered to give away a Band saw in the first place. The competiton is over, although it's too early to tell, I don't think I won. but I thank you all who voted for taking the time to vote.

Texatdurango

Thanks angboy, Ken, Gary, Kevin, Robert and George. I agree with you George it's not really about the best work but who can get the most votes. But Laguna tools only reason for having this competition is to get a database full of email addresses they can use to market their products, that is why they even offered to give away a Band saw in the first place. The competiton is over, although it's too early to tell, I don't think I won. but I thank you all who voted for taking the time to vote.

I wonder how many wordwookers are in the congregation?:biggrin: Doesn't sound like an effective way of getting new potential customers to me! Hey, we tried!

Top Bottom