A Spiral!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

I made a Spiral!!! ok...you might be thinking that's one crappy spiral, all burnt and fuzzy and yes, it is half off the wood block, but it's the very first thing to ever come off my cnc. Ken Ferrel helped me work up the code and I loaded up this scrap wood and a junk bit just to get some sort of understanding what's going on. I had no idea where to even begin. If you don't know anything, and get a machine like this, it's very overwhelming. To me this spiral is a major achievement! Might have to frame it...definitely a keeper. Going to be a long road ahead on this thing, but at least I feel better now. Before this, I only could turn it on and jump up and down like a monkey with a banana. :laugh:

Attachments

• spiral.jpg
    spiral.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 321
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You should be proud of yourself Jeff. I know how you feel. They made fun of me yesterday, for having my new parting tool upside down in my tool rest on the metal lathe. It didn't come with instructions OR pictures. Can't learn everything at once. I think you're onto something good here. Keep at it. I'm looking forward to more from this outfit.

workinforwood

You should be proud of yourself Jeff. I know how you feel. They made fun of me yesterday, for having my new parting tool upside down in my tool rest on the metal lathe. It didn't come with instructions OR pictures. Can't learn everything at once. I think you're onto something good here. Keep at it. I'm looking forward to more from this outfit.

yes, when you get a new tool they think you already know it all. I had a very frustrating time just setting up this machine. Obviously machine goes on stand and the plug goes in the wall, but where to put all the other hoses and wires and parts? It doesn't show you dip in the manual. I had a pump for coolant. They show pic of pump with 2 wires. They said, red goes to orange and black to black. That's it! Ok...where do I find said orange and black connections? Where do I mount pump? Turns out pump is submersion in the tank on the right side and the orange wire is actually red and the black is blue, and the hoses go into pump and you add 2 gallons of radiator fluid. I'd never just know that. Then the big hose was to drain the table back into the cutting fluid tank..but the hose don't fit the table..turned out to be wrong hose they sent. Other hose that goes up for coolant to splash out fits pump but not nozzles. There was an adapter piece supplied but it was part of another piece that you were supposed to remove just the end and use that, like some kinda mind reader.

Depending on what kind of parting tool you bought, I can see how you might put it upside down.

Ah well...we live and learn and spend more money making the mistakes that come from misinformation or no information at all. Even video tutorials on line seem to start half way into the project, like you should already have known the setup procedures. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom