A special gift for my Son,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stevers

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevers

Hi all,
It's been a few weeks since my last post. Busy, busy. I created this pen with the help of a new Friend. I will let him introduce himself if and when he chooses. I say this because of the nature of this piece. I worked with him to develop the initial design. It took several steps to come up with the final design you see here. This is actually the fourth generation of this pen for me. The first was a simple segmented/laminated design. Shown in this earlier post; http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25076 The next three generations where developed with Mr. X. He did the casting with photos I sent him which I found in various places. He and I both learned a lot from this process. He learned new methods for casting light colored photos and how to hide the tube from showing through the lighter papers. Which he did b-e-a-utifully I might add. The final product turned out fantastic. I am very pleased with it and I'm sure my son will be as well. This was all done as a gift for him. What I learned is that I want to begin casting. Therefor, I ordered my own paint pot and vac machine from HF and will be setting it all up as soon as it arrives, hopefully in the next 10 days.
So anyway, here is the finished product. "The Seahawk Pen". The first pen I get to officially name.

200771203910_Seahawks%20pen%20gen%203%20750.jpg

200771203946_Seahawks%20pen%20gen%203%201%20750.jpg

Before any of you say it, I am fully aware of the copyright implications involved here. I have been in touch with our own in house lawyer and have been given the fore warnings and choose to post this of my own free will. The pen is is a "one of a kind", and was done as a gift, with no intention of ever making a profit from it. I understand this does not make it "OK" to violate copyright laws, but it was done as a show of intense team loyalty and the love he has for his Seahawks. If this is a crime, then we are both guilty. Guilty of being Seahawk fans since before their division win in the 80's till today.
Comments and critiques welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Nice turning job from Mr X. Never been called that before. Enjoyed the collaboration. Ditto what Steve said on the copyright. No profit from either side.

stevers

Thank you all, but half the thanks must go to Bruce Robbins. Please keep in mind, he was integral in the design and did "all" the casting. I hope to learn from this job and use the knowledge in my casting endeavors.
Bruce, thanks for chiming in. I didn't want to call you out, I just let you step up. The effort was a huge success and well worth it from my standpoint.

stevers

Yes Paul, Printed on label paper and stuck to the tube. Corked and sealed, then cast in clear resin. If you want more info, you could ask Bruce.
Thanks Cav.

rhahnfl

WOW... that is a great looking pen. IMHO I don't see any problem with copyright infringement. Like you said no profit was made in any form and it is for personal use. They want loyal fans... it's a two way street eh? What a greater way to get a kid hooked on a team. Now you need to take him to their summer camp when it starts and get some autographs with it!! Bet he would be thrilled. [8D]

stevers

Actually Chris, he's a little past summer camp. He takes my Grandkids to summer camp.
In fact Gene (my oldest son, who the pen is for) just one the Ironman Gladiator power lifting tournament in Oregon a few weeks ago.
Here he is with his trophy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2007721194_Iron%20gladiator%20victory%20750.jpg
<br />

And here he is a couple of days ago lifting 500 pounds in the gym.

20077212122_500%20pounds%20700.jpg
<br />

Needless to say, we are very proud of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom