A Semi-kitless Fountain Pen +104 Levers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rolandranch

Rolandranch

I made a custom fountain pen with some Royal Jacaranda spectraply. I modified some of the parts of the RAW kit for the threads since I haven't gotten into threading yet. Making the section was a challenge and figuring out how to convert it to a #6 nib instead of a #5 nib took some creative drilling techniques, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

And then there's a bunch of ironwood lever action pens I recently made to fill some orders. I needed 105 for the orders, I started with 108, and ended up with 104 because a few broke along the way. So now I'm one short and have to go make another one 😅. I don't mind doing the "production pens" but the custom pens are definitely more fun to make.

Attachments

• 20220524_211156.jpg
    20220524_211156.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 209
  • 20220524_211452.jpg
    20220524_211452.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 20220524_211607.jpg
    20220524_211607.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 20220527_201352.jpg
    20220527_201352.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 202
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rolandranch

Wow, that's a lot of revolvers!

I really like that fountain pen. Would you mind sharing how you modified/made the section?
Thanks! To be completely honest, I did a lot of little tweaks on the section until it all finally worked together and I'm not sure I can remember everything I did. I wouldn't do it the same way again because of how thin the wood ends up being. It's literally paper thin at the top. But basically, I trimmed down the brass section, cut it in half, and inserted it into the wood section I made. I had to strip the threading off the #6 housing and make it press fit into the brass section. When I thought it was done, the wood section didn't fit into the cap so I had to turn the wood section down even further. Then the cartridge wouldn't insert far enough to secure to the housing so I had to drill the brass a tad wider to make it fit.

I don't know if that helps at all or even makes sense. But it was kind of a nightmare and you could probably figure out a better way. 😆

MedWoodWorx

I made a custom fountain pen with some Royal Jacaranda spectraply. I modified some of the parts of the RAW kit for the threads since I haven't gotten into threading yet. Making the section was a challenge and figuring out how to convert it to a #6 nib instead of a #5 nib took some creative drilling techniques, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

And then there's a bunch of ironwood lever action pens I recently made to fill some orders. I needed 105 for the orders, I started with 108, and ended up with 104 because a few broke along the way. So now I'm one short and have to go make another one 😅. I don't mind doing the "production pens" but the custom pens are definitely more fun to make.
Brilliant work, simply brilliant. I love it when the pen cap and main body form a "rod" and have this seamless look. In this pen the metal threads that form a "double" copper ring when closed, really enhance that look. Bravo once again.

Penchant 4

Beautiful writing instrument.

Top Bottom