A pair of crow calls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from armyturner

armyturner

Here is a pair of crow calls that I recently finished for a couple of guys over on a hunting forum. First is alumilite, second is walnut.

crowcall001.jpg

crowcall001-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Those are really nice! Got to make some ans sit on my deck and see if I can call some of those guys. Where did you get the kits?

armyturner

Paul,

The reed kit came from THO game calls. It is the same one that Hut sells, only they are about $.60 cheaper. I also modify the kit based off of a tutorial on his site. The crow call reed has a taper that is about the same as a #2MT and if you just use the drill bit that Hut recommends it doesn't fit right. To get it to fit correctly you need to either modify the reed assembly itself or use a #2MT reamer to ream out the hole in the call body after drilling. I have the reamer but it seems to fit better with the modification on his tutorial.

tmhawk

The Blue one is incredible, the depth of the colors is very cool. The Walnut is fantastic (I have a slight disposition to interesting wood and what all the great turners on this site do with it.) That Blue knocks me out. Way good job.
Thanks,
Tony
Phoenix, AZ

armyturner

A lot of people use the calls during turkey season. They are used as a "shock" call. When a gobbler hears a crow, owl, coyote, or other loud noise they tend to gobble, allowing you to locate them. Some people also hunt crows for sport. In some areas they are a real nusiance, expecially in areas with large populations crows that are around crop land.

Top Bottom