a kit pencil! :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

I made this last night b/c I wanted to see how good the kit was. It's really nice. I'll be getting a couple more of these for myself. I really like the weight of it, too.
The fit at the center band isn't great - but oh well.

I'll be giving this to my youngest for his 5 yr old b-day next Sunday.

green-pencil.jpg

Kit and blank are from exoticblanks - the blank is something olive green. They only had one left or I would have made a fountain pen with it. Glad there was only one or I wouldn't have put it with this pretty kit. Black Ti finish I think.

I turned the blank round - shoved most of it in the chuck, turned the 2.05" that I needed down to size, drilled it, sanded it, parted it off, repeated - glued in tubes, cured, turned the ends down to meet the tubes, polished, pressed. No mandrels or bushings or any of that. :) I love my metal lathe.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

watch_art

Thanks! I really like the color too. Looks better than i thought it would.
The diameter of the lower piece is bigger than the center band, so there's a little step. I knew it would be bigger, but I forgot to sand it smooth. 8)

Rink

I agree the shavings are a great presentation. Really helps bring out the green in the blank. What kit was it from exotics? Is it 0.5mm lead or 0.7mm?

watch_art

.7mm

oops - just looked at my paperwork. :p
I got several boxes in the other day - the blank is from exotics - the kit is from PSI, a black t/n slimline-pro
It was $9

SDB777

Don't worry Shawn, I'm sure you'll be back to those 'kitless' shortly....

Does your 5yr old doodle like you do? I'll make a nice gift!!

Scott (maybe a journal of tomato bugs) B

watch_art

Heheheh! He actually draws cooler devil worms than I do. We were sitting around one afternoon drawing, and he started making improvements, to make them scarier, and he sure did! :)

Top Bottom