A happy customer....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ligget

Ligget

Hello folks, I wanted to share this pen with you all, it is an order from one of the staff at the day centre I attend. She wanted a click pen with brown wood, so I made this Sierra Click for her, two-tone titanium hardware (black & gold), Rosewood burl from Gary Max with a CA finish. :cool:

She was delighted when I gave her the pen today, comments welcome! :)

PICT0018.jpg

JimMc7

Beautiful! I didn't realize until your post the Sierra button click was available in the titanium gold. Great job!

Wheaties

Just got my first HRW yesterday. I hope I can make it look anything close to yours! Very very nice!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That is excellant Mark . RWB is my all time favorite wood . You have the art of wrapping glass around a blank perfected ! :biggrin:

Mark,
you pen is beautiful. You have a good eye for matching material to kit finishes.

I'm also impressed with your photography. You almost always use a different background or prop. Can you sent me a pic of your setup? I like the lighting you get and I'd like to see the setup and location of your lamps. I can't seem to place mine where i get great results like yours.

thanks,
Gregory

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Mark,
As always you amaze me. If I could take as good of a photo as you do, I would be content. I'm working on getting some of Gary's wood. If it is as good as your photo, it will be something else.

VisExp

I'm also impressed with your photography. You almost always use a different background or prop. Can you sent me a pic of your setup? I like the lighting you get and I'd like to see the setup and location of your lamps. I can't seem to place mine where i get great results like yours.

Greg, I believe Mark uses natural sunlight to take his pictures.

jttheclockman

Mark as always great fit and finish. I like that kit. Where did you get the kit from???? I need to get some of them. Is that one of those kits where you can use the small tit or leave it out??? Thanks for showing.

Ligget

Greg, I believe Mark uses natural sunlight to take his pictures.

All my pictures are taken on the outside steps of my workshop, not in the sunlight (hey I live in Scotland so thats out:tongue:) but in the shade or on an overcast day. No light tent or lamps used just a grey bit of card as a background and my camera on manual, no tripod either.

Thanks to all who replied with positive words, I have not been well recently and that is the first pen I felt up to making in nearly 3 weeks, everyday is a challange just now! :confused::)

Best Wishes
Mark

toolcrazy

Gorgeous pen. I love the look of the finished product.

I love my Siearra click. Been carrying it around for several month, it has worked flawlessly. I need to make more.

philb

Great as usual Mark!

That rosewood looks awesome too, lighter than I expected. Almost like Amboyna! Fits well with the plating though, and now I know what to put my reddy coloured burrs with! Just not on a click kit, prefer the twisters!

Great work,
Phil

leehljp

Member Liaison
That is a beautiful pen! And the photograph is perfect.

I too have taken several photos outside in the shade or on an overcast day. I also have used a tent in the sun light, but don't like that as much.

I couldn't figure out which was the best but now you jogged my memory. I should write down my settings but don't because I am usually in a hurry.

Thanks for posting the pict and the way you take your photos.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Mark,
you pen is beautiful. You have a good eye for matching material to kit finishes.

thanks,
Gregory

Greg, let me answer this. I've been lucky to visit Mark at his home a few times and the ease at which he seems to do his pics make me sick to the teeth!!!!:frown:

Once his pen is finished to his extremely high standard. he simply goes outside his little shop and plonks the pen on the concrete step into the shop.
Click, click, job done. No lights, no tent, nada!!!!!

As for the finish.......
In his shop there are several 'finished' barrels that look stunning to me and I'd love to have done a finish like those!!!!! These are his REJECTS!!!!:eek:

And while his pics really are fantastic, I can assure anyone that even they don't do the pen justice. You ever see one of those fancy paint jobs on custom cars where it looks like you could dip your hand into the liquid looking paintwork? His finish is just like that!!!:biggrin::wink:

Top Bottom