A Few For This Weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Some might recall the problem I had with the outdated tung oil I used on these bowls . I finally got that problem solved and got a lacquer finish on them .
In the meantime, between going for a couple more cords of firewood and cutting and splitting and piling it and doing honey do jobs around the house , I got a few more hours in the shop to make five toothpick holders and the vase plus a bunch of rifle cartridge pens to bring my stock back up a little closer to where it should be. .

Hopefully before the Saturday morning sale I will be able to get some other items made that I am out of like back scratchers and hand held mirrors and cheese servers/slicers and more ice cream scoops and . . . . and . . . . . and . . . . . .

Never seem to ever catch up but if I was having more fun I could hardly stand it . . lol

371846400.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

Thanks for the comments.

Went out to the shop just before and after supper and made a few more items to add to the ones above.

The back scratchers with gold plated hardware have rock maple handles.

The cheese planes were hard to get the pictures right with night time lighting . The hardware on them is very shiny stainless steel.
One is in Honduras mahogany and the other is walnut.

Not sure if I will get time for hand held mirrors for this weekend or not because I have friends arriving for a visit tomorrow.

371867956.jpg

mickr

Having variety , I believe, on your table is very important. Catches many eyes that way & they come look..also makes it less boring for the turner..nice asst.

W.Y.

Having variety , I believe, on your table is very important. Catches many eyes that way & they come look..also makes it less boring for the turner..nice asst.

That is so true. The bigger the variety the more successful the sale will be.

We often hear a few complaining about sales being down and blaming the economy and any other excuse but they don't have enough lower end items that sell fast and expect to have good sales from a few grossly over priced pens . A few high end items are nice but it is the $4.00 to $29.00 items that produce the vast majority of sales at craft sales. I sold a $90.00 bowl last week but sales in that price range are few and far between.

I am WAY over my average sales at the weekly Saturday morning farmers market/craft sale . It is only a four hour sale from 8.00AM until noon and my average used to be $350.00. I will be bumping that up to $450.00 soon because one of those sales was well over $700.00 and the lowest one so far this season has been $340.00.

I have a lot of repeat customers that keep me on their gift giving lists and visit my display every week and refer me to their friends.

W.Y.

Another successful 4 hour sale this morning.

I did much better than my average sale and then at 11.45 just before we were ready to start packing up a lady bought $171.00 worth of small items. She was real happy with what she had found and I was happy that she came along when she did.
Came home with a total of $690.00 after expenses. .

Of course every toothpick holder sold again, Half a dozen pens , natural edge and plain edge bowls, all but 3 spin tops of that big basket full, key rings , one cheese plane, my last ice cream scoop, half a dozen bottle stoppers, 4 Tea light base's ,one desk pen holder and a few other things I would have to look at my list to remember.

Just another case of the the more variety a person has the more sales they will make at those little 4 hour sales. .

Now I am so far behind again that I don't care if it rains next Saturday. I don't go if it rains .
Gotta make hay while the sun shines because that location only goes for another three or four weeks (weather permitting) and then there is nothing in this area before the three or four bigger indoors pre-Christmas ones.
Hopefully by then I will get caught up again.

Here is the left side of my display.

Aug15Sale1.jpg

and the right side.

Aug15Sale2.jpg

and both

Aug15Sale3.jpg

I was surprised that there were only 14 vendors this time.
The weather was nice and the attendance was better than usual .

Aug15Sale4.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom