A couple Regals.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Curly

Curly

Marla, my wife if you didn't already know, has been working a lot so she asked me to turn a couple Regals for her to give to friends. How could I say no? She has had them stashed for a while and William Wood-write no longer sells them. They are sold in the US under the name Zoe if you want some. The blanks are polyester resin made by Johnathon Brooks a decade ago and I don't know if he still uses PR. They were hard and if rushed would chip so with care I turned them between centres with a skew, stopping a few times to sharpen. Sanded with 320, 400 and #0000 steel wool, then to the Beall buffing wheels to put the shine on. The upside to the hard material is that it polishes up nicely.

IMG_5340.jpg
IMG_5341.jpg
IMG_5342.jpg
IMG_5343.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Thank you for the compliments guys.
It is a nice size pen for a lady and I suppose guy 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️ that likes some bling 🙂 The tube is 8mm and it finishes out at 10mm/.400 in diameter.

magpens

Nice work, Pete !!

Too bad the kit is no longer available at WWW.

I believe that the kit is actually the "Diana" from Dayacom. . . ExoticBlanks sells the "Diana" by that name.

Curly

howsitwork

Beautiful work and photography there Pete.

Marla will be very pleased with the results I trust?

Stay safe Ian

magpens

Just a question about the "Regal" pen kit . . . . a.k.a. "Diana" and "Zoe" .

As I recall, the "Regal" has a double-twist transmission . . . . right ?

Can the transmission be replaced with a single-twist transmission ? . . I prefer the single-twist.

@ed4copies

Exotic Blanks used to sell a single-twist transmission as a replacement for the Cigar pen. Here's their blurb :-
"The double twist action comes standard, but can easily be converted to a single twist by simply swapping out the transmission."

But I don't see the single-twist replacement transmission for Cigar on their website anymore. . . Used to be there.

*** Just wondering if a single-twist replacement transmission is available for the "Regal". ***

Just for reference, here is the link to the Exotic Blanks reference to the Cigar transmission :-

Last edited:

Curly

Hi Mal
Yup the tranny is a double twist and I have no idea if any single twists are made for it or another will fit. Ed would be the one to ask as he would be able to pick a tranny and try it if he didn't already know. Sorry I couldn't be more useful.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Actually, we just received a couple hundred cigar transmissions of each--double twist and single twist.

I'll see if they fit the existing description, I can get them "up" on the website.

Top Bottom