A couple of shave sets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KiltedGunn

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
I too went with shave sets for Fathers' Day this year.

Turned one razor from antler and use the base of the shed antler for the brush handle for my father-in-law the hunter.

Dad and Step-Dad are both very involved in the church, so I chose BOW for the brushes and Shittum for the razors. The first brush handle for dad, although beautiful wood, wasn't finishing well enough so I made it into a bottle stopper and started over.

Once I'd finished the second one, I took it in to show my Quality Control Team (LOML and daughter) and daughter immediately points out that it just HAD to be for her pappy (my Dad)...and then gleefully shows me what I'd missed like the smarta$$ little undergrad she is!

My dad's name is Erwin...can you seE it? I hate my camera and the pics stink, but once she pointed it out, I realized it was much Easier than most of the Rorshach tests! Most folks won't even have to squint one eye and hold their tongue to the left! Unbeknownst to either of us, Monty/Mannie sent me the perfect piece of BOW for the project at hand!:biggrin:

The funniest part is that my son, the wannabe-atheist, says it was "really lucky" I got that piece of wood to make something for his very devout Pappy. Suuurrre, son, it was "luck"...the Good Lord had nothing to do with it!! :cool:

Attachments

• Antler shave set.jpg
    Antler shave set.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 209
  • BOW Bottle Stopper.jpg
    BOW Bottle Stopper.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 168
  • BOW & Shittum E shave set.jpg
    BOW & Shittum E shave set.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 211
Top Bottom