A couple from my weekend casts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Lenny

Lenny

Here are a couple pens featuring blanks that I cast this past weekend.

I had a very hard time getting any kind of decent photo .... I know purple is a very difficult color to capture but I had just as much trouble with the blue/green Elegant Beauty...:confused:

I'm pretty happy with the blanks, although the green/blue one with the metalic bronze got away from me before I could add the bronze and therefore I didn't get a good mix. ... at least in this blank. :)

Attachments

• purplebt1.jpg
    purplebt1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_4667-sm.jpg
    IMG_4667-sm.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 400
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Lenny, you are beginning to make me jealous with your casts. It's warming up, here in Indiana and everyone I've done recently has gotten away from me. Last one had more holes than cheese!:crying: Those look good!

Brooks803

They both look great Lenny! That purple is out of this world, but I have to admit that I actually prefer the green/gold over it. Btw, you just reminded me that I need to order some more micas tonight! Thanks!

Lenny

I really like the green/orange pen. Does that orange go through to the other side? if so that would be really cool.

That one when I did the cast it was getting cold so I put a clamp on light in front of the first part of the mix .... and then got busy with something else .... It started to set up fast after that :eek: ...
So, in answer to your question, NO it doesn't (unfortunately) go through the other side. :)

Lenny

Lenny, you are beginning to make me jealous with your casts. It's warming up, here in Indiana and everyone I've done recently has gotten away from me. Last one had more holes than cheese!:crying: Those look good!

Do you warm your resin in hot water (from the tap) as you mix it? I fill an old dishpan and hold my cups in it while I stir. I read that tip from several here and while it's not an ultrasonic it does seem to help quite a bit .... you can see the air bubbles float to the top as you gently stir.:)

Top Bottom