A Couple Dollar Store Items

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

While I was in the dollar store this morning I spotted Mellon ballers and deluxe ice cream scoops with the thingy that releases the ball of ice cream. The melon baller was $1.00 but the Scoop was $2.50 . . . yep , not a real dollar store but I will probably get some like that for $1.00 from a true dollar store next trip south of the border . .
Got rid of the plastic handles and turned wood ones.
These are the kind of things that go good at craft sales. Items under $10.00 add up into hundreds fast when people buy several at a time for gifts.
Ten minutes turning per handle and three coats of lacquer makes for very good profit margin.
Mellon baller handle is hard maple and scoop handle is beech.

Sorry about the poor picture . I am just a point and click in automatic mode kinda guy. ???

392202924.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

Awesome idea!

I have made lots like this over the last few years but the mechanical one shown above was a first for me. Should be worth a couple dollars extra but just as easy to make .
A lady wanted some of my scoops to give as gifts at last saturdays sale but I was out of them so I told her I would bring some next Saturday. Hope she likes my latest .

This style of scoop is available with a plastic handle at most any Dolloar store for only $1.00 .
Unfortunately my local dollar store charges whatever they like and still call it a dollar store. :mad:

382275547.jpg

Woodlvr

Very nice work. I do not have a craft show to sell them at but sometimes word of mouth works. I hope that your saturdays are all successful and profitable.

Top Bottom