A bit of Flat Work!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Ok a Lot of Flat work... Real Flat...

My wife decided it was time to put in some laminate flooring in the kitchen area. Two days solid, but I got all of the floor in this evening. Just shy of 400 sqft. Dupont Walnut block. It came out very nice. I am still waiting for all of the trim pieces (Quarter round, carpet reducers, T-moulding, and hard surface reducers) which are ALL on backorder until the 17th.:( The base boards and door casings are all cut, and painted. They will be put in tomorrow. One thing for sure... I am still young, but I hurt more than I used to. Thanks for looking.

20067783743_kitchen1.jpg

Before (Kitchen)...

20067783758_kitchen2.jpg

Before (Hallway)...

20067783814_kitchen3.jpg

After...

20067783830_kitchen4.jpg

After...

Cheers,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alparent

If our wifes look at this ............ alot of us will be coming after you James. [:(!]
Better be careful what you post on this site! [;)]
Great job ....... now you can rest your back and turn a couple of pens until dose trim come in.[:)]

elody21

Ooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James the flooring looks great. I understand the aches and pains, just placed laminate in a small office. The getting up and down really gets to you.

Fangar

Originally posted by Jim15
<br />James, are you a master of all trades? Great job.

Jack of many trades, Master of none! [;)]

Thanks to all. I got all of the base boards and door casings in today. My wifey gets to touch up all the paint. I don't do paint.

My only regret is not being able to put in all of the trim pieces. I don't like waiting for back ordered product. Not much I can do though. I called 5 Home Depots (They are an exclusive dealer of the product) within a 40 mile radius. No luck.

Now maybe I will get a chance to use my new lathe!!! All this flat stuff is making me feel light headed. Some roundness might help.

Cheers,

Fangar

GBusardo

Thats the flattest flat work I have ever seen! Looks like you did a great job and I bet you dulled a few saw blades on that stuff. I wish I had done ours in a darker color, we chose Rose Ash. It's very light and shows every speck of dirt and dust.
Good Work!
Gary

Scott

James!

You are a brave man! They say that stuff is simple and easy to install - well, it's simple, but it ain't easy! We tried installing some last week, and after about 100 sq ft we decided we'd enjoy the process a lot more if SOMEBODY ELSE DID IT!!! [:D] So we have an installer going in this next week to finish it up for us. BTW, we have a little over 1800 sq ft to do!

Your floors look BEAUTIFUL! Good Job!

Scott.

Draken

The floor looks good, but why did you change directions for the hallway? The flooring needs to run perpindicular (sp?) to the floor joists to prevent lifting, sagging and squeeking. Now if your floor is concrete, then you don't have much to worry about!

Cheers,
Draken

RogerGarrett

I was really stunned at the similarities between our kitchens (pic below for you to see hom much alike our tastes must be!).

Nice work on your's. I redid all the hardwood floors in the old house before moving to our current home - and it was time consuming but very satisfying once it was in.

Best,
Roger Garrett

200671214352_Kitchen%20resized.jpg

johnson

Looks really nice. Just a thought. If you have to wait too long, some of the strips you can make out of real wood. I had to make a transition strip for the kitchen to the hallway since there wasn't anything from Pergo that would work. I also made the bull nose stair strip for going down in the basement and the transition in front of the french door to the patio. Just remember to leave enough room for the floor to grow. My knees feel your pain. I did 600 square in my kitchen and then was dumb enough to put in 150 square in my neighbors sun porch. It has been in 12 years and still looks like new, so you are going to like it.
Dale

Fangar

Originally posted by Draken
<br />The floor looks good, but why did you change directions for the hallway? The flooring needs to run perpindicular (sp?) to the floor joists to prevent lifting, sagging and squeeking. Now if your floor is concrete, then you don't have much to worry about!

Cheers,
Draken

The subfloor is concrete. Since the flooring is not glued or locked, it is common to change directions at hallways and what not. It makes the room flow a little more and the manufactuer suggests that a room of the size of ours be broken at a hallway. Now that the strip are all in it looks nice.

As for making my own, I will likely have to do that in two places as there is nothjing available.

Fangar

Fangar

Originally posted by RogerGarrett
<br />I was really stunned at the similarities between our kitchens (pic below for you to see hom much alike our tastes must be!).

Nice work on your's. I redid all the hardwood floors in the old house before moving to our current home - and it was time consuming but very satisfying once it was in.

Best,
Roger Garrett

Very similar Roger. I like the nice big window there though.

Cheers,

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom