A big thanks to Phillywood and IAP members!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Snorton20

Excellent work with the combined teamwork of IAP members and Phillywood on this wood chart. The wood chart is coming along very nicely. It is a great help to novices like myself and veterans in the woodworking community to have such an in depth collaboration of information. I have been looking for something like this to come around since I started turning pens. Just wanted to say I am very happy with the results so far and keep up the great work. Side note: I love the icons for warnings, thumbs up/down and dust mask required. It helps with lazy people like myself that don't care to read every detail.

+1

Very ambitious project, but it has massive potential to help accomplish every artist's responsibility of passing on knowledge to the next generation.

phillywood

Thank you guys very very much. I am glad to be able to give back this little to the IAP community. One of the most important thanks is due to the members who contributed to this chart and to those who will continue to do so for the greater cause. I am very well aware of many extensive scientific web sites and information sites and non of them are geared towards what we do here. I am also aware that there are many members here that are much more computer savvy than I am, but this chart is a first hand experiences of all those lonely nights or days that members took time to turn blank materials on their own by themselves without anyone telling them what the hazards were or what to watch out for. And, I am so glad that we had some very fine members who are willing to share those experiences here in a short format.
About the short warning icons, I thought since we are all anxious to turn those little guys may help to get the message to you quick so we can go about creating our arts. I know I am a visual person and signs and visual effects get my attention much faster than anything else. Heck, I think all of us are since we are all bunch of artists who create those beautiful looking pens and articles which we create.

Top Bottom