Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Entry #6

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Entry #7

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Vic

Seven entries this year. Please VOTE for your favorite! Poll closes at midnight February 25th.

Entry #1

Title: Dyed Peppercorn
Description: My neighbor's daughter made this pen herself and tried a CA finish for the first time. My role was only in an advisory capacity only with an absolute minimal hands on.

Entry 01-a.jpg

Entry #2

Title: Cocobolo Clicker
Description: I made this pen as a gift for someone and thought why not submit it in a competition? So, I did and here I am haha. I made this with cocobolo wood and a black titanium slimline click pen kit from PSI. I've matched the grain really well on this pen and finished it with finishing wax after 8 different grits of sandpaper. Personally, I really like it and hope it does well in the competition. Thanks for looking!

Entry 02-a.jpg
Entry 02-c.jpg

Entry 02-b.jpg

Entry #3

Title: Starry Night Shotgun
Description: This Shotgun Roller ball is wrapped in blue died and stabilized buckeye burl from a prize box from last year's youth pen contest. After turning, it was sanded to 600 grit paper then finished with Yorkshire Grit polishing paste. It was 100% completed by the youth entrant with no adult supervision.

Entry 03-b.jpg
Entry 03-c.jpg
Entry 03-a.jpg

Entry #4

Title: Caribbean Shore
Description: Chrome and Gun Metal Diplomat kit dressed in a Brown Marlee Burl surrounded by swirled blue and green Alumilite. Entrant cut, drilled, painted the inside the blank white, used a spindle roughing gouge, assisted with CA glue, dry and wet sanded numerous times, and polished. Dad assembled.

Entry 04-b.JPG
Entry 04-c.JPG
Entry 04-a.JPG

Entry #5

Title: Ocean Reef
Description: Sierra Chrome kit dressed in an Inlace blue swirl, copper, and magic sparkles. Entrant cut, drilled, painted the inside the blank white, carefully turned with a negative rake scraper, wet sanded multiple times, and polished. Dad assembled. Note, white specs in the pictures are sparkles in the blank, not tear out.

Entry 05-b.JPG
Entry 05-c.JPG

Entry 05-a.JPG

Entry #6

Title: For my hero, my Dad.
Description: Salute The troops kit (by PSI). Desert Storm ribbon blank, (Exotic Blanks). Lathe turned and micro-mesh polished. Four coat Glue Boost finish and One Step polished.

Entry 06-a.jpg
Entry 06-b.jpg

Entry #7

Title: Sharing A Book
Description: Ellipse Ballpoint kit, Titanium gold & black titanium (Exotic Blanks). "Sharing A Book Blank, Artist signed copy (Classic Nib). Lathe turned, micro mesh polished, four coat Glue boost finish with One Step polish.

Entry 07-b.jpg
Entry 07-a.jpg
Entry 07-c.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lmstretch

Beautiful pens! It's good to know that the future of pen making is in good hands.

Does anyone know where to get the same shotgun pen kit as used by #3? It is different than PSI's over and under kit, it has a different clip.

woodwzrd

Beautiful pens! It's good to know that the future of pen making is in good hands.

Does anyone know where to get the same shotgun pen kit as used by #3? It is different than PSI's over and under kit, it has a different clip.
I couldn't agree more. They are all winners in my book.

The kit in #3 looks like the kit from XIAMEN RIZHENG. I am pretty sure they sell on Etsy too.
http://www.penkitsmall.com

Top Bottom