2021 TRIPLE START TAP AND DIE GROUP BUY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeG

Welcome to the 2021 tap and die group buy! My name is Hannah, I will be organizing the buy this year. Patrick (Jarod888) did an excellent job with last year's buy and I will be borrowing heavily from his work. This post has been approved by @Monty the IAP group buy coordinator.

This buy is focused on obtaining the maximum quantity discount for our members for the triple start tap and dies and Bock and JOWO taps required to build kitless pens. The more orders we collectively place for each size tap and die, the greater the discount.

Attached is the pricing information from Tapco. The offerings listed are based on what garnered interest from last year's buy.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

If you would like to participate, comment on this post, fill out the attached order form, and send it to me via direct messages. Or, DM me and I'll give you my email address where you can send your order form. Only the highlighted cells need to be filled out. If you don't have Excel, let me know and I can send it to you in a different format.

THE CUTOFF FOR PLACING ORDERS IS SATURDAY, MAY 15 AT 6:00 PM PST.

Since the discount we receive depends on the number of orders for each tap/die size, the exact cost of your items can't be 100% determined until all orders have been placed. The order sheet lists the highest possible price (if you are the only one purchasing the item) and the most probable lowest price (if the group buys 24 taps/12 dies). The price you will pay for an item is likely between these two numbers (and hopefully the cheapest price!) There are two items that require a one-time tooling fee: this cost will be split between anyone ordering the item.

TO SEE THE CURRENT DISCOUNT LEVELS, OPEN THIS GOOGLE DOC. HIGHLIGHTED CELLS REPRESENT THE CURRENT PRICE FOR EACH ITEM BASED ON THE NUMBER OF CONFIRMED ORDERS. THIS SPREADSHEET UPDATES AUTOMATICALLY WHEN A NEW ORDER IS ENTERED, SO CHECK BACK OFTEN TO SEE THE CURRENT DISCOUNT LEVEL.

This google doc also shows the items each person has ordered. If you prefer for your order to remain anonymous, let me know and I will put "Anonymous" instead of your IAP username.

PAYMENT

You will receive two invoices. The first will be sent to you the day after the group buy closes (May 16) and will be for the cost of your taps and dies, fees, shipping, and insurance. Payments can be made via Paypal or Venmo. I will give you instructions for how to pay when I send you your invoice.

THE PAYMENT DEADLINE IS MONDAY, MAY 31 AT 6:00 PST.

The second invoice will be sent later and will be for the shipping cost from Tapco. This cost will be split evenly among participants. Please pay this within two weeks of receiving it.

If using Paypal, please use the "Friends and Family" option. This allows for money transfers without fees. I understand that in the past IAP has conversed with Paypal about whether this is acceptable use, and they have said that it is. If you still want to pay with the "Goods and Services" option, you must add 4% to your total.

All the items in the spreadsheet should be available for purchase. If for any reason an item is backordered or unavailable, your money for that item will be refunded to you.

SHIPPING AND INSURANCE

I will be shipping your orders to you via USPS Small Flat Rate Box. There is $50 insurance included with small flat rate boxes. I will be adding additional insurance for the full retail value of your purchase as a default. The amount to be insured is the value of replacing the parts (the item's value without a discount). While this will cost extra, I STRONGLY suggest that you accept this insurance. I cannot be responsible for what happens to your package after I ship it to you. If you don't want this recommended insurance, you may opt out on your order form. The order form also shows you the cost of insuring your shipment.

Tapco estimates that it will take 5-6 weeks from the time of our order (May 31) to ship. Once I receive the shipment from Tapco, I will ship to participating IAP members within 3 days. All told, you can expect to have your brand new taps and dies in hand by the end of July.

I am willing to accept international orders. Please note that shipping will take longer and be more expensive if you are ordering from outside the US, and depending on the country USPS may not offer shipping insurance.

IF YOU MISS THE DEADLINE FOR ORDER SUBMISSION OR PAYMENT, YOU WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE GROUP BUY.

Thanks for reading, let's get those discounts!

DM me if you have any questions ✌️

Attachments

• Tap and Die Order.pdf
    471.5 KB · Views: 174

JoeG

Welcome to the 2021 tap and die group buy! My name is Hannah, I will be organizing the buy this year. Patrick (Jarod888) did an excellent job with last year's buy and I will be borrowing heavily from his work. This post has been approved by @Monty the IAP group buy coordinator.

This buy is focused on obtaining the maximum quantity discount for our members for the triple start tap and dies and Bock and JOWO taps required to build kitless pens. The more orders we collectively place for each size tap and die, the greater the discount.

Attached is the pricing information from Tapco. The offerings listed are based on what garnered interest from last year's buy.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

If you would like to participate, comment on this post, fill out the attached order form, and send it to me via direct messages. Or, DM me and I'll give you my email address where you can send your order form. Only the highlighted cells need to be filled out. If you don't have Excel, let me know and I can send it to you in a different format.

Since the discount we receive depends on the number of orders for each tap/die size, the exact cost of your items can't be 100% determined until all orders have been placed. The order sheet lists the highest possible price (if you are the only one purchasing the item) and the most probable lowest price (if the group buys 24 taps/12 dies). The price you will pay for an item is likely between these two numbers (and hopefully the cheapest price!) There are two items that require a one-time tooling fee: this cost will be split between anyone ordering the item.

TO SEE THE CURRENT DISCOUNT LEVELS, OPEN THIS GOOGLE DOC. HIGHLIGHTED CELLS REPRESENT THE CURRENT PRICE FOR EACH ITEM BASED ON THE NUMBER OF CONFIRMED ORDERS. THIS SPREADSHEET UPDATES AUTOMATICALLY WHEN A NEW ORDER IS ENTERED, SO CHECK BACK OFTEN TO SEE THE CURRENT DISCOUNT LEVEL.

This google doc also shows the items each person has ordered. If you prefer for your order to remain anonymous, let me know and I will put "Anonymous" instead of your IAP username.

PAYMENT

You will receive two invoices. The first will be sent to you the day after the group buy closes (May 16) and will be for the cost of your taps and dies, fees, shipping, and insurance. Payments can be made via Paypal or Venmo. I will give you instructions for how to pay when I send you your invoice.

The second invoice will be sent later and will be for the shipping cost from Tapco. This cost will be split evenly among participants. Please pay this within two weeks of receiving it.

If using Paypal, please use the "Friends and Family" option. This allows for money transfers without fees. I understand that in the past IAP has conversed with Paypal about whether this is acceptable use, and they have said that it is. If you still want to pay with the "Goods and Services" option, you must add 4% to your total.

All the items in the spreadsheet should be available for purchase. If for any reason an item is backordered or unavailable, your money for that item will be refunded to you.

SHIPPING AND INSURANCE

I will be shipping your orders to you via USPS Small Flat Rate Box. There is $50 insurance included with small flat rate boxes. I will be adding additional insurance for the full retail value of your purchase as a default. The amount to be insured is the value of replacing the parts (the item's value without a discount). While this will cost extra, I STRONGLY suggest that you accept this insurance. I cannot be responsible for what happens to your package after I ship it to you. If you don't want this recommended insurance, you may opt out on your order form. The order form also shows you the cost of insuring your shipment.

Tapco estimates that it will take 5-6 weeks from the time of our order (May 31) to ship. Once I receive the shipment from Tapco, I will ship to participating IAP members within 3 days. All told, you can expect to have your brand new taps and dies in hand by the end of July.

I am willing to accept international orders. Please note that shipping will take longer and be more expensive if you are ordering from outside the US, and depending on the country USPS may not offer shipping insurance.

IF YOU MISS THE DEADLINE FOR ORDER SUBMISSION OR PAYMENT, YOU WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE GROUP BUY.

Hanna I just submitted an order to you for the following:

M13x8 Plug Tap
M13x8 Triple Start Die
JOWO #6 M7.5 X .5 Tap

joegiannina@yahoo.com
361 816 3629
Please contact me you did not receive the information.

JoeG

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

PAYMENT

SHIPPING AND INSURANCE

Hanna, please change my order for the #6 Jowo tap to plug rather then tapered. Sorry for any inconvience.
JoeG

Michal

M15 die and plug tap anyone? Lot's go big, but not for that money ;) I need a set, maybe at level "3pcs" someone else will join?

Michal

hannah

The group buy is now closed. There were 37 participants and a total of 185 items ordered!

Invoices have gone out, and over half of the participants have already paid - thank you guys so much. I'll be placing the order with TapCo when I receive all payments. Cut-off date is May 31.

It may be possible to squeeze in some last minute orders - message me if you've missed the deadline.

Thanks to everyone who joined!! I'll be posting updates in this thread when they occur.

RichAldrich

The group buy is now closed. There were 37 participants and a total of 185 items ordered!

Invoices have gone out, and over half of the participants have already paid - thank you guys so much. I'll be placing the order with TapCo when I receive all payments. Cut-off date is May 31.

It may be possible to squeeze in some last minute orders - message me if you've missed the deadline.

Thanks to everyone who joined!! I'll be posting updates in this thread when they occur.
Great job organizing!!!!

hannah

Packages coming at ya. Everyone can expect an email from USPS with tracking information in the next 24 hours. Packages will likely be shipped off tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20210716_160615.jpg
    20210716_160615.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 127

Weldon0405

Packages coming at ya. Everyone can expect an email from USPS with tracking information in the next 24 hours. Packages will likely be shipped off tomorrow.
@hannah Thank you so much! I am looking forward to putting them to good use. We truly appreciate the time and effort you've put into this group buy

hannah

That's a wrap! All orders are now in the hands of USPS. You should be getting your package within 3 business days (but you know, take that with a grain of salt). Signature confirmation was required by USPS for almost all of the packages. Sorry if that's an inconvenience but I couldn't remove it.

If anyone did NOT receive an email with their tracking number, message me and I can provide it.

I'm happy that this went so smoothly! Unless something changes in my life, I'm happy to do this again for future group buys.

Thanks again to everyone who participated. We got some great discounts.

Bats

I'm happy that this went so smoothly! Unless something changes in my life, I'm happy to do this again for future group buys.
Oh good! Because I noticed this one just a little too late to jump on it.

(maybe by next year I'll even have time to figure out what taps & dies I need)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom