2021 - Midwest Pen Turners Gathering - Virtual - Cannot Miss This One... (Registration Is Open)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

As you all know, we had to cancel the 2020 MPG due to the pandemic. We waited this year as long as we could to see if we could do a live in-person event for 2021. If you follow us on social media, you know earlier this month we announced that we could not do a live event. We don't believe Illinois will be open by that point and more importantly, we have the utmost respect for our friends for this event. So, we are going to do the next best thing, but a really cool thing. This year's 2021 event will be completely online.

It's not a simple Zoom call, it is a full blown virtual symposium. We are going to have multiple rooms running at the same time, virtual vendors, and virtual social gatherings both nights.

The event will take place April 24 and 25, 2021 and will only be $35.
For registration, here is the link
Register Here

This event is going to be big. We already have over a dozen demonstrators and our topics include:
Ed Brown – Sales and Marketing / Stabilization
John Underhill – Vertical Casting
Mark Dreyer – Beginner To Pro in 90 Minutes
Fred Wissen – All About Casting
Tina Wissen – Polymer Clay Blanks
Robert Nelson – Kitless Pens
Lewis Schrader – Metal Lathe
Chris Labedz - Beall Pen Wizard
Mark James - Wood Segmenting For Pens
Steve Margison - Topics TBD
Dean Charlier - 3D Printing For The Pen Maker
Jim Harrington - Closed End Pens
Rashon Davis – Realistic Cigar Pen
many more

We also have some of our industry's leading vendors lined up.
The PenSmiths
Exotic Blanks
Easy Wood Tools
T Shadow & Co.
PTownSubbie
Ohio Penworks
And more are coming in.

If this is not enough, the event is not limited to just 2 days. If you sign up, you will have access to all the prerecorded videos for 30 days after the event.

How the event will work:
Demonstrators will prerecord videos and they will be online during their session for you to ask questions via chat. Some demonstrators will be offering up to 30-minute live sessions after their demonstrations. This is an event you simply cannot miss.

For registration, here is the link
Register Here

For updates, check out our Facebook page and our traditional website at
Traditional Website - Demos / History

Any questions, feel free to contact us at mpginfo@yahoo.com.

Hope to "see" you there. This will be fun.

MPG-Logo-Final.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Racer3770

So looking forward to this! We've been adding new color mixes all year in anticipation for this event. I think we are up over 200 as of this week!

Charlie_W

Mark, Thanks for helping put this MPG Penturning Symposium together. It sounds like a pen turning binge watching weekend!

Do you have the start and end times for each day yet? I am forwarding info to our wood turning club newsletter editor so we can post MPG for our club members.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I can tell you it is more work and the result will be better when I have to record the session and give it to Mark ahead of time. I will have well over eight hours in each one hour presentation!!

Things will flow more logically, since I can edit. I believe this will be better than live presentations, especially because I will be watching with you and available to answer questions "on the fly" without interrupting the presentation.

As Mark says, this is NOT a zoom, it is far better prepared than that. Register, you will not be disappointed!!

mg_dreyer

At current we expect to have over 25 - 30 hours of new un-seen content. I have watched most of the videos (who are we kidding - Donna (my wife) has watched most of the videos as I struggle getting them up on the site) and they are fantastic (sincerely so good that she is constantly now quizzing me - "Do you do this?" "The video says you should do it this way, are you?" - it has been a blast.

Can't wait to "see" you there.

Register Here ...

Top Bottom