2020 BASH Open Casting Contest - Voting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Please vote for your favorite three entries.

• Entry #1

• Entry #2

• Entry #3

• Entry #4

• Entry #5

• Entry #6

• Entry #7

• Entry #8

• Entry #9

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Vic

Open Casting Contest -Vote

Please vote for your favorite three. We will only hold this one poll on this Contest.
Voting closes Midnight February 25, 2020
Run off voting will take place February 26 & 27, 2020

Entry 1
Description: Long Clicker, with 1/4" Aluminum Honeycomb, in alumilite with PearlEx (Super Bronze, Dark Brown, Carbon Black, Antique Copper, Pink Gold)

CC01-A.jpg
CC01-B.jpg
CC01-C.jpg

Entry 2
Funline style (PSI kit) solid resin swirl using Smooth On polyurethane resin finished with Shellawax.I used Smooth On's Smooth Cast 300, 3 cups each tinted in black, green, or purple. All 3 were poured into a mold at the same time (or as much as possible considering I only have 3 hands!) to create a swirl effect.

CC02-A.jpg
CC02-B.jpg
CC02-CB.jpg

Entry 3
The blank was cast using liquid diamonds epoxy resin spiced up with a combination of 5 mica powders (black, two types of gold, 2 types in the teal/blue range). The blank picture was taken after I squared it up. Pen hardware is gold plated Jr Gent

CC03-A.jpg
casting2.jpg
casting3.jpg

Entry 4
Entry Description: Label wrapped tube with sacrificial jig to hold aluminum wire to match turning profile. Cast vertically in blue green tinted Liquid Diamonds. All Chrome Cigar Kit.

CC04-A.jpg
CC04-B.jpg
CC04-C.jpg

Entry 5
This blank / pen was made with an arranged mixture from mother nature.... sweet gum pods, acorn caps, elm sticks, and assorted sizes of pinecones. They were encased in Alumilite urethane resin mixed with 5 different colors of both micapearls and dyes. The blank was turned for a Jr Gent II with a custom cap finial and finished with Gluboost CA.

CC05-A.jpg
CC05-B.jpg
CC05-C.jpg

Entry 6
I first cast an Alumilite blank then sawed it lengthwise with my bandsaw.I then epoxied a piece of aluminum flashing to half the blank . After the epoxy cured I then recast in a different color. Once that casting cured I sawed again i down the opposite side and repeated the process.

CC06-A.jpg
CC06-B.jpg
CC06-C.jpg

Entry 7
I made the blanks for this pen using the following Ingredients A Bicycle Playing Card, Paua Abalone Veneer, Watch Parts, Colored Wire and Aluminum Tape Once these items were applied to the tubes it was then cast in Polyester Resin, turned to shape and polished to a glass like finish before being assembled

CC07-A.jpg
CC07-B.jpg
CC07-C.jpg

Entry 8
1/4" Aluminum Honeycomb, in alumilite with PearlEx (Blue, Black and Green )

CC08-A.jpg
CC08-B.jpg
CC08-C.jpg

Entry 9
Description: 100 year old grape vines from my favorite winery casted in alumalite. I user micro pearl and a little duo blue green pearlX. Casted at 50 psi overnight. Winery is Chase Vineyards Napa Valley

CC09-A.jpg
CC09-B.jpg
CC09-C.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

This poll has ended. Final Poll is open:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom