2017 Vendor Issues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Before I start reaching out to vendors I need to know what we will be expecting of them. Will there be a set-up fee? Must they contribute at least one door prize? If electricity is needed will there be an extra charge for that?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I can't think why we would need a set-up fee, or an electricity fee (unless we are charged for these on a "per vendor" basis). I think a door prize donation is fair.

Magicbob

last year I think we asked the vendors to pay a regular registration, but I could be wrong.
I have no problem with a donation request. As far a power it will be free.
The vendor room looks like 9 tables.
I think Mark can set his stuff in the main room with the IAP collection. The contests will also be in the main room.
If I am going to emcee again, I might set my table in the main room as well.

mbroberg

last year I think we asked the vendors to pay a regular registration, but I could be wrong.
I think Mark can set his stuff in the main room with the IAP collection. The contests will also be in the main room.

OK, sounds good to me. Is this what we are going to do this year? How much will the regular registration be? By my count we tentatively have 4 vendors for the vendor's room plus Magic and Mark for the main room. Are we capping the vendor's room at 9? If need be could we set more up in the main room? Sorry for all the questions but I I will be asked these things.

m4skinner

OK, sounds good to me. Is this what we are going to do this year? How much will the regular registration be? By my count we tentatively have 4 vendors for the vendor's room plus Magic and Mark for the main room. Are we capping the vendor's room at 9? If need be could we set more up in the main room? Sorry for all the questions but I I will be asked these things.

I would take the main room also if we reach the cap for the vendor room.

Argo13

Last year we charge $20 for each vendor table for up to 2 people. ( no one had more than 2 anyway).

How far away is the vendor room from the main room? Will it be open while demos are on? I would think there maybe vendors who want to attend the demos and others who may want to sell all day long. Can a projector be set up in the vendor room with a feed from the main room? Keeping traffic in that room will be important to the vendors I imagine.

We didn't do it last year but I though Bob's idea of vendor spots might be good to. Revisit.

What if any is the additional cost for the vendor room?

mbroberg

Here is a draft of this years vendor solicitation. Before I can send it out:

The Vendor Registration Form should be up and a link to it put in the announcement and on the website.

I need to know:
The hours we will be operating (Magic mentioned something about goping longer on Saturday)

Is the Registration fee going to be $25?

Are we going to have a cap on the number of vendors? (I'd hate to do this but space limitations might require it).

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2017VendorSolicitation.docx
    4.9 KB · Views: 140

Magicbob

Check your PM inbox, I have sent invites to a conference call tonight 9/14/2016.
If you did not get it please let me know and I'll send you the info so you can join us.

mbroberg

This is an email I drafted to send to those who have expressed interest in being a vendor at the MPG (Signature Pen, Classic Nib, etc.) Please make sure that it accurately reflects all the facts as we currently know them. Suggest any edits you believe are necessary.

Thanks

I am writing to confirm your interest in being a vendor at the 2017 MPG. Details of the event are still in the planning stage but here is where we are at right now.

The 2017 Midwest Penturners Gathering will be held at the Comfort Inn & Suites, 5 Park Center Drive, Wadsworth, OH 44281. The programs are tentatively scheduled to run from 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm on Friday April 7 and 9:00 am - 8:00 pm on Saturday April 8. Vendor Registration is $25 which includes an 8 foot table and admittance for 2 adults.

At this time, due to space limitations, vendors are limited to one table. There is electric available, which will be provided on a first come basis. In addition to the $25 Registration Fee we ask for a donation of product which will be given away. We are not placing a minimum value restriction on this donation, we trust that it will adequately reflect your company's support of penturners and the MPG.

Vendors will be located in a separate vendor room located just down the hall from the main event room. This will allow for uninterrupted opportunities for shopping and discussion about products without having to worry about disturbing those listening to speakers or watching demonstrations. The MPG Committee reserves the right to direct a vendor to set up in the main event room. The location of individual vendors is at the sole discretion of the MPG Committee. The MPG Committee will consider vendor preference and program participation (i.e. whether or not the vendor is presenting a demonstration or not) when making these decisions.

You will be notified when registration is officially open. Your commitment to participate at this time will reserve your spot as a vendor at the MPG as well as get your company's name posted to the MPG website as being a 2017 MPG Vendor.

This is a wonderful opportunity to meet your customers face to face and for your customers to meet you! Please seriously consider spending some time with us. We look forward to seeing you!

Thanks,
Mike Broberg
2017 MPG Vendor Liaison

p.s. If you would like to present a demonstration at the 2017 MPG please contact Mark James (IAP username mark james) or let me know and I will pass the information along.

Last edited:

mbroberg

I want to run this by you before I do anything with it.

John David Jones forwarded vendor information to Brian Blohm, who runs ShopPenBlanks.com "Shop Pen Blanks". Brian has expressed interest in vending. My only concern is that in looking at Brians web site he sells many of the exact same blanks as Jon David. At the very least I will tell them that if Brian is approved they should coordinate their inventories so as not to bring the same items. We want to give our attendees variety, not the same thing from two vendors. It would seem that that would be in their best interest as well.

My other concern, or should I say suspicion, is that they are working together. Jon David wanted two tables. I told him that due to space limitations we are currently only offering one per vendor but this may change as the date draws closer. This could just be a way for Jon to get his two tables. I have no proof of this and even if I did, do we care?

mbroberg

Magic,

My solicitation for vendors says that they would have a 6 foot table but at one point you said that you thought the tables might be 8 feet. Do I need to change my letter?

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I want to run this by you before I do anything with it.

John David Jones forwarded vendor information to Brian Blohm, who runs ShopPenBlanks.com "Shop Pen Blanks". Brian has expressed interest in vending. My only concern is that in looking at Brians web site he sells many of the exact same blanks as Jon David. At the very least I will tell them that if Brian is approved they should coordinate their inventories so as not to bring the same items. We want to give our attendees variety, not the same thing from two vendors. It would seem that that would be in their best interest as well.

My other concern, or should I say suspicion, is that they are working together. Jon David wanted two tables. I told him that due to space limitations we are currently only offering one per vendor but this may change as the date draws closer. This could just be a way for Jon to get his two tables. I have no proof of this and even if I did, do we care?

I have been reading the Facebook pen turning sites through my wife's portal, but have never replied/commented.

I surmise that Jon and Brian (as well as Chad Schimell, and a few other upstarts) are fairly friendly and cooperative in sales of their own blanks (My opinion only, Neils/Debbie will be the odds company out eventually).

I do also feel that it probably does not matter; but that it makes sense to recommend they coordinate their inventory.

Have fun Mike! Several elements of business intrigue are in play! But I guess for MPG - The more the merrier.

Mark

mbroberg

I believe Signature Pen and Classic Nib shared a table at the MAPG. I doubt that there will be a problem.\ unless they have had a falling out.

mbroberg

Tables & Chris Cannon

Here ia what I believe to be an accurate count on the tables

In the Vendor Room (12 tables max)

• Arizona Silhouette - 2
  • Custom Cast Blanks - 1
  • PTownsubbie - 2
  • Signature Pen Supply - 1
  • Turn Tex - 1
  • Under the Hill = 1
  • Woodwrite - 1

Total in Vendor Room - 9

In the Main Room
  • MPG Blanks - 1
  • T. Shadow - 1
  • Prizes - 2
  • Contests - 2
  • IAP Collection - 2
  • Registration - 1

Total in Main Room - 9

If someone sees any errors with this please let me know. If it is accurate we can take on at least 3 more vendors. Chris Cannon contacted Jason after we closed the vendor registrations stating that he had planned on beinbg a vendor. We could add him to the vendor room and still take 2 more. Comments?

mbroberg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zyjLyBp64

• Arizona Silhouette - 2
  • Custom Cast Blanks - 1
  • PTownsubbie - 2
  • Turn Tex - 1
  • Under the Hill = 1
  • Woodwrite - 1

Total in Vendor Room - 9

In the Main Room
  • MPG Blanks - 1
  • T. Shadow - 1
  • Prizes - 2
  • Contests - 2
  • IAP Collection - 2
  • Registration - 1

Total in Main Room - 9

If someone sees any errors with this please let me know. If it is accurate we can take on at least 3 more vendors. Chris Cannon contacted Jason after we closed the vendor registrations stating that he had planned on beinbg a vendor. We could add him to the vendor room and still take 2 more. Comments?

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I suspect The IAP Collection and my blank sales can be done on One Table. Re-reading the list, instead of 3 tables for me, TWo will be more than enough. IAP Collection One, Blank Sales One. In a pinch, I can also combine both! I'd hate to not include another vendor, so if there is interest/demand - I will use only one table for both. I have 105 blanks done now, and am aiming for 140. This will easily fit in 1/2 of a table.

I was not anticipating trying to sell any of the wooden blanks this year as very few sold last year.

• Arizona Silhouette - 2
  • Custom Cast Blanks - 1
  • PTownsubbie - 2
  • Turn Tex - 1
  • Under the Hill = 1
  • Woodwrite - 1

Total in Vendor Room - 9

In the Main Room
  • MPG Blanks - 1
  • T. Shadow - 1
  • Prizes - 2
  • Contests - 2
  • IAP Collection - 2
  • Registration - 1

Total in Main Room - 9

Last edited:

m4skinner

Well if there is room for one more vendor in the main room I would like to have it.

I suspect The IAP Collection and my blank sales can be done on One Table. Re-reading the list, instead of 3 tables for me, TWo will be more than enough. IAP Collection One, Blank Sales One. In a pinch, I can also combine both! I'd hate to not include another vendor, so if there is interest/demand - I will use only one table for both. I have 105 blanks done now, and am aiming for 140. This will easily fit in 1/2 of a table.

I was not anticipating trying to sell any of the wooden blanks this year as very few sold last year.

• Arizona Silhouette - 2
  • Custom Cast Blanks - 1
  • PTownsubbie - 2
  • Turn Tex - 1
  • Under the Hill = 1
  • Woodwrite - 1

Total in Vendor Room - 9

In the Main Room
  • MPG Blanks - 1
  • T. Shadow - 1
  • Prizes - 2
  • Contests - 2
  • IAP Collection - 2
  • Registration - 1

Total in Main Room - 9

mbroberg

OK I just don't want to short change the collection or detract from it by being too crowded.

• Arizona Silhouette - 2
  • Custom Cast Blanks - 1
  • PTownsubbie - 2
  • Turn Tex - 1
  • Under the Hill = 1
  • Woodwrite - 1

Total in Vendor Room - 9

In the Main Room
  • MPG Blanks - 1
  • T. Shadow - 1
  • Prizes - 2
  • Contests - 2
  • IAP Collection - 2
  • Registration - 1

Total in Main Room - 9

mbroberg

Not a problem with me if it is not a problem with Magic. But I would think that the vendor room would be the better location because there would be more focus on products and no distractions like those pesky presentations that would discourage conversation between vendor and customer.

Well if there is room for one more vendor in the main room I would like to have it.

m4skinner

I understand that, but at the same time I want to be able to see the presentations. But whichever room is fine.

Not a problem with me if it is not a problem with Magic. But I would think that the vendor room would be the better location because there would be more focus on products and no distractions like those pesky presentations that would discourage conversation between vendor and customer.

mbroberg

OK. So here is what it looks like now.

• Arizona Silhouette - 2
  • PTownsubbie - 2
  • Turn Tex - 1
  • Under the Hill = 1
  • Woodwrite - 1

Total in Vendor Room - 8

In the Main Room

• Contests - 2
  • Custom Cast Blanks - 1
  • IAP Collection - 1
  • MPG Blanks - 1
  • Prizes - 2
  • Registration - 1
  • T. Shadow - 1

Total in Main Room - 9

Looks like we can take on 4 more vendors in the vendor room. I"ll publicly reopen vendor registration after we let Chris Cannon know he can register as a vendor.

Top Bottom