2014 Capt G blanks and pen won by Smitty37!! THANK YOU LeRoy!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We hope to have both Smitty and Constant aware of the ending time, so I have contacted both and am awaiting a reply. We will end this auction first tonight---it will be between 6:30 and 7:30 for sure.

The grand finale!!

For the last several years, Gary has donated a "Geared Carbon Fiber" pen blank as well as a "top end" component set (Emperor series). This year, he has outdone himself by making a blank with TWO watch faces----a Rolex AND a Muller!!!

GARY has pm'd me to note that, due to requests he received throughout the year, this year's is a Junior Emperor-- Has wider appeal!!

The pictures show the front and back and there will be a surprise 'kicker' as the auction begins.

The surprise is the 18kt gold Heritance pen nib!! The nib alone would add about $100 to the retail price of the Junior Emperor!!!!

While I have not worked out the complete schedule, the purpose of showing these is to allow you to empty ALL your sofas!!! Some penmakers have retailed pens made from Gary's blanks in excess of $1500!! So, you can "feel good" about supporting the IAP while you also know you are getting a pen that COULD sell for "big bucks"!!

Attachments

• IAP donation 2014 002.jpg
    IAP donation 2014 002.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 387
  • IAP donation 2014 003.jpg
    IAP donation 2014 003.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 419
  • IAP donation 2014 004.jpg
    IAP donation 2014 004.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 407
  • IAP donation 2014 006.jpg
    IAP donation 2014 006.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
One of the things I enjoy about woodturning in general and specifically penmaking is the relatively short term gratification. I guess I don't have the attention span or patience to spend months working on a piece of furniture. When I see one of Gary's blanks, it drives home the point that while I might be able to do something like this, I wouldn't even attempt it. The effort, skill, and patience that goes into these works of art is phenomenal.

GARY, THANK YOU! For this beauty, and for your support over the years.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thank you,
Karl,
Wayne
and
BILL!!!

We have until Sunday,
but we are off to a FLYING
start!!

Who will make it
$275??

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I think Sunday and possibly Monday will be the DAYS to watch, Dean!!

The items that are left are the "top shelf" that I wanted to save until we had more members on the site, but not interfere with voting in the contests. We'll see how well it works!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That's about what won last year.

We'll see this year.

I'll be back tomorrow,

CONGRATULATIONS,
CONSTANT,

YOU'RE DEFINITELY THE
SATURDAY NIGHT
LEADER!!!!

Tom T

I had the same question. What to do?
My wife's question was when I told her the bid was 650. Was, was it my 650. 00.

stonepecker

Damn Tom...........My wife asked me the same question last night. :biggrin:

Could they be sisters? :eek::laugh:

I am on the side lines just watching and seeing who has the most game in this one. :cool:

elkhorn

In the words of Kenny Rogers (in the Gambler for you younger members): "You've got to know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em, know when to walk away, know when to run."

If I bid now, I wouldn't have to know when to run because my wife would be chasing me!

Thanks to all the bidders, in all the auctions, and to those that take the time to lead and guide IAP. This is a great forum, and in the few months I've been privileged to be a member, have made some very good friends.

thewishman

Whoa! Gotta change my password. Looks like someone hacked into my account from the evil prison infirmary.

Please disregard the previous bid.:redface:

Also, Mr. Bigglesworth is NOT a good password!

Tom T

Stonepecker,
I do not think there sisters, but they have the same financial thoughts. Do not leave there husbands unsupervised on the IAP auction sight.
By the way my John U feather blanks and the other great blanks showed up from my last unsupervised auction, they are fabulous. Really fabulous.
Tom

Top Bottom