2011 Holiday PITH Pairings Announcement

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker1967

ginerwood has recieved her pen and she has posted it on the photo page not sure if she is goin g to comment on here on not about it. was contacted by the person who is sending me a pen and he was going to post the pen for me brecause my camera was in the shop if my camera ics back by the time i get the pen i will post on here as well.

BSea

Finished my PITH PEN, and it's packaged and ready to be mailed. I'll do that at lunch.

But 1st, some teasers.

I used . . . . . Mostly This.
emu.jpg

And some of this.
blood.jpg

And finally some of this.

Ebony_Wood_23.jpg

ghostrider

ginerwood has recieved her pen and she has posted it on the photo page not sure if she is goin g to comment on here on not about it. was contacted by the person who is sending me a pen and he was going to post the pen for me brecause my camera was in the shop if my camera ics back by the time i get the pen i will post on here as well.
Just saw this post today.

That pen has been posted in the SOYP section.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88364

fireangels

I received my package from reddwil and let me just say WOW :hypnotized:

the pen looks awesome and was packed with extra padding all the way around

I will post pics as soon as I find a good background

Thanks reddwil :highfive: :bananen_smilies046:

jhprice

Finished my PITH PEN, and it's packaged and ready to be mailed. I'll do that at lunch.

But 1st, some teasers.

I used . . . . . Mostly This.
emu.jpg

And some of this.
blood.jpg

And finally some of this.

Ebony_Wood_23.jpg

I'm impressed. You sacrificed an Ostrich in a black magic ceremony to bring a pen into existence! Impressive....:biggrin::eek::rolleyes:

BSea

I'm impressed. You sacrificed an Ostrich in a black magic ceremony to bring a pen into existence! Impressive....:biggrin::eek::rolleyes:
Well, since he's received his pen, I'll tell you that it was mostly birdeye maple, with bloodwood & ebony. No Ostrich was harmed in the creation of the pen.:biggrin:

D.Oliver

I feel bad for that ostrich. Even though it wasn't sacrificed in a pen making ritual, nobody told him/her that there was something in his/her teeth er beak before the picture was taken. How embarrassing.

Are there pictures posted of your pen yet, Bob?

Last edited:

Rick_G

Got word from Eric (ericw95) that he has received his pen. Pen originally started out as an El Grande FP. I got the idea for the stand from an issue of Woodturning design a couple months ago. The stand has a ball bearing and the "cap" for the pen has a rare earth magnet so the position can rotate. Walnut. Images have been placed in the photo album.

1_2350.jpg

1_2351.jpg

1_2352.jpg

BSea

I feel bad for that ostrich. Even though it wasn't sacrificed in a pen making ritual, nobody told him/her that there was something in his/her teeth er beak before the picture was taken. How embarrassing.

Are there pictures posted of your pen yet, Bob?
Not yet. He told me he was going to take some pics & post them, but I think it will be over the weekend, or shortly after.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well I finished both of my PITH pens today. I'm gonna mail them tomorrow. Forgot to take pics, hopefully they can snap some shots.

spanky239

Got My PITH

I got my pen from cnccutter here is what was in the box. I was suprised with all the extras. And I love the pen. Thank you very much Erik (cnccutter)

Attachments

• IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 159

reddwil

Snow finally melted up North and I got my pen today from Russ (fanatic) Amazing looking pen and a box full of goodies. Thanks Russ, well done.

Sorry No pic, my camera is packed up for my hunting trip. I'll post one when I get back.

jbswearingen

Frank (MrWright) was my recipient. He says he got his pen today, so it was okay to post pics.

Here's what I made. An Artisan Jr. Retro kit wrapped in curly pyinma wood. BLO wiped on, then 12 coats of CA, sanded through MM twice, and then PlastX polish.

DPP_0393Medium.jpg

DPP_0395Medium.jpg

ghostrider

I posted this in SOYP, but since others are showing here, and penmaker1967 asked me to post it, I guess I'll post here the pen that I sent him.

It is a Le Roi with Australian Cypress that I stabilized in polyurethane (Left in under vacuum for probably around a month before taking to the oven). I think I may have left it in the oven a bit too long, and that gave it that dark appearance. I was actually planning on something else for the PITH (had even started it already, and was already in repair mode), but when I finished this pen, I just knew it was the one.

I've turned this wood in the past, and it was also my first pen. I've read that it can be brittle, and I encountered that with my first pen (had to drill through five or six sets of blanks and all cracked). However, the stabilizing process left this wood like butter to turn and finish.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSCN0974.jpg
    DSCN0974.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCN0975.jpg
    DSCN0975.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 130

JohnR06

Oops... guess I should have posted here...

My first PITH is now under my belt. I've enjoyed it thoroughly!! Got a beautiful fountain pen made by mbroberg, who put a couple pictures in the photo gallery. Gives me something to shoot for as I progress in this addiction.

Yesterday, Max received the pen I made... I think that's my 9th or maybe 10th pen.

Thanks for letting me play!!
JohnR06

maxman400

Oops... guess I should have posted here...

My first PITH is now under my belt. I've enjoyed it thoroughly!! Got a beautiful fountain pen made by mbroberg, who put a couple pictures in the photo gallery. Gives me something to shoot for as I progress in this addiction.

Yesterday, Max received the pen I made... I think that's my 9th or maybe 10th pen.

Thanks for letting me play!!
JohnR06
John I used your (my) Pen this weekend at a show I did at the farmers market, and it works great and feels good.
Thanks, Max.
Pen is posted here http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88861

bmac

PITH Pen

Well, my pen went out in the mail today to my PITH partner, traderdon55, and he sould get it in the next couple days. I hope he likes it. When he confirms that he recieved it, I will post some pictures of it.

Bobby
Louisiana

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Received an awesome surprise upon returning home from my hunting trip. I'll get some pics up soon. Thanks Charlie!!!!!!

TomW

Here is a Celtic knot pen I made for Craig (Boxerman). He asked me to post the picture. It is Mahogany with maple and dyed maple knot.
Tom

Attachments

• pith.jpg
    pith.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 154

darrin1200

The box is away.

I finally got the package off to Gary (SGM Retired). The postal lady ensured me that it would arrive before the deadline.
I hope that you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I received a wonderful pen and box full of goodies from Run91 (Bob). I'll post pics later as there are way to many basketball games to watch. Especially Indiana vs Kentucky:biggrin:.

jbswearingen

I just opened mine from Shawn (MSGMP). I'll try to post pics later this week. It's an amazing pen. I *think* it's a Retro Jr. fountain pen. It's done in red mallee burl with a CA/BLO finish.

Just as I told him, I'm facing a dilemma...If I leave it at home, it won't see much use. If I take it to work, I have to worry about it growing legs and leaving my desk.

On the plus side, I did just get a bottle of fresh ink from Ed to try in it!

jbswearingen

Just realized that it's a Jr. Gent II Shawn sent me. I did take it to work today, and have already gotten several Ooh's and Aah's over it. It will NOT leave my sight!

Rick_G

Received my package from Lupe (el_d) Post office ran it through their mangle machine and then kept the pen. At least they put the wood Lupe enclosed back in the package Some nice Texas wood. Lupe says he will send another pen in the new year but there is really no need. Not his fault some postal employee kept the pen. The blanks enclosed will make some nice pens and Texas wood I have not seen before.

Attachments

• package.png
    package.png
    636.3 KB · Views: 139

el_d

Sorry about the crappy delivery Rick. I hope the pen busts for whoever stole it. But fat chance, it had a PR900 refill.....:mad:

el_d

Got my PTH from Reid (RK1468) a week ago but havent had a chance to take a good pic. If you have a pic Reid plese post it. It was a very nice spalted hickory Jr gent. that will be in my collection. Thank you Reid for the nice work and the packing meterials, My boys loved the Jolly Ranchers over the packing peanuts.

Got my PITH package !!!

Christmas came a few days early for me today :biggrin:. I received a package from Trevor aka tdjumr. Not only did I get a outstanding hand crafted pen, but I received TWO pens, and TEN different blanks :eek:. I have to say this is my first PITH and didn't know what to expect. I have found that everyone here is great and has a lot of skill and talent. I am so glad that I discovered the IAP. I will definitely be joining again!

I received a Majestic Squire made with Cocobolo, and a Streamline made from Sopodilla with a Purpleheart inlay. Great work Trevor! Thank you very much :tongue:.

Attachments

• IMG_8028.jpg
    IMG_8028.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_8029.jpg
    IMG_8029.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_8030.jpg
    IMG_8030.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_8031.jpg
    IMG_8031.jpg