1st Segmented Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from byounghusband

byounghusband

This is a project that I have had on my mind for a LONG time!! You know, one of those "I'm gonna do that some day" kinda projects.

Well one of the guys in the Dallas Area Woodturners Club did one and brought it for show and tell a couple weeks ago. That was what I needed to get my tail in gear.

It is located here: Woodturning Online

And a few of us got together yesterday to learn how to do the cutting and gluing at his shop. I had already cut and glued this one up and then when I got home, I turned it. It is made from Brazillian Cherry and Maple. I finished it with two coats of Watco Danish Oil and then today, I buffed it on teh three wheel buff.

It was doing great until I had to do the base...:mad: I had to do sort of a jamb chuck on the waste block and couldn't get it to run completely true.

I need to make a donut chuck or a longworth chuck!!!!!

Front view
attachment.jpg

Back View
attachment.jpg

Hope they came out this time...... :redface::confused::redface:

Attachments

• DSC02068.JPG
    DSC02068.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 332
  • DSC02069.JPG
    DSC02069.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Roy and Bob ... what kinda 'strange wood' shavings you dudes smoken out west?

I think he posted a perfectly great picture of the magical red X. Front, back, side, top and bottom "view" is perfect here!

Bob, you have got to remember we show little to no mercy here ... and we tend to take even fewer prisoners on certain days. Now if you got some cold beer for us we tend to make quick friends (until the cooler gets empty!)

mickr

that pattern has been on that site a long time..glad you saw it & could do the project..good first attempt

Top Bottom