Your chance to own some 10th anniversary IAP history!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

Hey Chuck - That is a really hot clock. As a matter of fact I hear it is so hot that it will melt the snow off your driveway. Who wouldn't want that?

I wonder how you get entered to win that baby....

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I see old men walking along the road picking up beer cans all the time. I bet they are trying to get enough money to buy points too.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Chuck - That is a really hot clock. As a matter of fact I hear it is so hot that it will melt the snow off your driveway. Who wouldn't want that?

I wonder how you get entered to win that baby....

Ed
THAT, would be great. More snow coming this weekend.:rolleyes: Visit this link for a chance to win this fabulous clock!

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/your-chance-own-some-10th-anniversary-iap-history-119945/

I've got to learn how to turn a URL into a word :redface: Computer illiterate!:rolleyes:

Ed McDonnell

I wonder if people can use their SNAP cards to buy points. IAP IS food for the soul..........

Ed
Ed, what exactly is a SNAP card?:confused:

Chuck - That is a question that could easily inflame a wildly inappropriate bout of heated political posting. Probably best not to head down that road....

Less controversial (unless you are D.Oliver with his entrant stealing tricks) is how to customize link text. You put your link in this format:

[_url=[COLOR="Red"]your link here[/COLOR]]your text here[_/url]

you don't use the "_" after the "[", that's just there so things show up in this post.

Ed

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I wonder if people can use their SNAP cards to buy points. IAP IS food for the soul..........

Ed
Ed, what exactly is a SNAP card?:confused:

Chuck - That is a question that could easily inflame a wildly inappropriate bout of heated political posting. Probably best not to head down that road....

Less controversial (unless you are D.Oliver with his entrant stealing tricks) is how to customize link text. You put your link in this format:

[_url=[COLOR=red]your link here[/COLOR]]your text here[_/url]

you don't use the "_" after the "[", that's just there so things show up in this post.

Ed
Understood! Thanks Ed. Might have to try that over in the Testing forum.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Have you two been drinking again? I thought this was a thread about an IAP Clock masterpiece! Not some old fart trying to figure out how to post a link in their text. Next thing you know we will be talking about trivia.. sheesh

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Always someone trying to hold back progress :rolleyes: As fine of a work of art the Trivia contest is it, doesn't hold a candle to this clock:biggrin:

Now... at the risk of losing/ reducing my chances of winning it for myself :rolleyes:
I would admonish everyone to go buy some Appreciation Points for a chance to win this precision timing instrument. Watch it in action first in, Curtis' video.

Now, I must make myself press the "Submit Reply" button :frown:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
If I win, I'll donate my CURRENT clock to the name drawn second...

Mind you, my clock is a piece of 2x4 with the words 'Time to buy a clock' written on it in a Sharpie - so I guess I'll just put it in the burn pile for you! :)

Edit: added "CURRENT" to be clear - I'm keeping the Mesquite clock, WHEN I win it! :biggrin:

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Cheer up Chuck "IF" I win the clock some where around 5pm sunny Florida time I will email you a picture of the clock and a beer on Fridays. That way you will always have a picture of the clock you could have won.

Ed McDonnell

If I win, I'll donate my clock to the name drawn second...

Mind you, my clock is a piece of 2x4 with the words 'Time to buy a clock' written on it in a Sharpie - so I guess I'll just put it in the burn pile for you! :)

We know how a few people can be real [strike]pric[/strike] sticklers about rules and rule wording. So, let's clarify. When you say "donate my clock" are you talking about this clock

A clock

or this clock?

Another clock

Surely you weren't referring to that 2x4 thing....were you? Unless that was a 2x4 piece of Koa. I know someone who might pay for that.

Ed

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
If I win, I'll donate my clock to the name drawn second...

We know how a few people can be real [strike]pric[/strike] sticklers about rules and rule wording. So, let's clarify. When you say "donate my clock" are you talking about this clock

A clock

or this clock?

Another clock

Surely you weren't referring to that 2x4 thing....were you? Unless that was a 2x4 piece of Koa. I know someone who might pay for that.

Ed

To be clear - I'll keep the NICE clock I'm going to WIN, from Curtis, and the ugly, hand-selected Canadian 2x4, made of quality spruce, and defaced with a sharpie, will be sent to - you, for being a stickler! :)

Last edited:

Ed McDonnell

I had a little checkbox asking if I wanted to include my IAP username. When I checked it I got an input box. I actually logged in to paypal rather than using the quickpay feature. Maybe that makes a difference.

I think everybody should try it again and see how it works!!! Keep trying it to be sure!!!

Ed

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I didn't get a comments section either, but my username is there anyway.
So, hopefully you were successful? Although, you shouldn't get your hopes of winning too high. I'm certain I'll win the clock. I can just feel it. :biggrin:

Know what I mean? :biggrin: Joking of course. Your support is appreciated and, good luck.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
You know, if you are not interested in receiving the clock but would still like to support IAP, you could always buy points in another person's name! Maybe as a think you to someone or just for the heck of it! And no, I am not fishing for points in my name! I would transfer them to someone else anyway!

Tom T

Curtis,
Really nice clock. Can't wait to win. It is not likely, but possible. I am feeling lucky because I won one on identify the wood contest.

toddlajoie

You know, if you are not interested in receiving the clock but would still like to support IAP, you could always buy points in another person's name! Maybe as a think you to someone or just for the heck of it! And no, I am not fishing for points in my name! I would transfer them to someone else anyway!

If anyone is wondering, it's spelled T-O-D-D_L-A-J-O-I-E...:cool:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

If anyone is wondering, it's spelled T-O-D-D_L-A-J-O-I-E...:cool:
OR, dalecamino :biggrin:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
I think the standard rule applies - only bearded Canadians of Swedish descent who currently have six feet of snow in their yard - are eligible to win...
You definitely deserve a clock:)

I deserve a vacation! I've never had to shovel that much to try and find the back door doorknob before

It's higher in drifts, but it's about five or six feet deep uniformly - and we just had -33 this morning, and -40 windchill - in nigh on March! Usually, it's either cold OR snowy - we've had both! :)

I'll be shoveling in June at this rate!

Rick_G

I watched that video and that is one cool clock. Not only does it have a nice smooth movement but it plays nice low background music as well. Gotta have that one so went out and got some points.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I think the standard rule applies - only bearded Canadians of Swedish descent who currently have six feet of snow in their yard - are eligible to win...
You definitely deserve a clock:)

I deserve a vacation! I've never had to shovel that much to try and find the back door doorknob before

It's higher in drifts, but it's about five or six feet deep uniformly - and we just had -33 this morning, and -40 windchill - in nigh on March! Usually, it's either cold OR snowy - we've had both! :)

I'll be shoveling in June at this rate!
I bought a snow blower (great investment) If we get that much, or anywhere near it, I'll look for a loader :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I watched that video and that is one cool clock. Not only does it have a nice smooth movement but it plays nice low background music as well. Gotta have that one so went out and got some points.
Yes, Rick, I'll be watching that second hand sweeping the face of that clock while, drinking a cold one this summer. :biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I was going to take a picture of Florida snow piled up at my garage door. I have been cutting white plastic and all the plastic sawdust looks like snow. Then I said phhht and went in and had a beer.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I was going to take a picture of Florida snow piled up at my garage door. I have been cutting white plastic and all the plastic sawdust looks like snow. Then I said phhht and went in and had a beer.
That's just not right. You know we're suffering thru the worst winter in 20 years. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom