Donation Drawing Opinions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Been watching the Donation Drawing develop?

I really like how it's shaping up this year.

SO FAR: 29 prizes worth almost $3000 total and I'm not nearly done. We have around 180 mug buyers and donators on board.

We've got a couple more very pricey silver component sets from Mike Redburn, A supre cool set of cigar and metal cast blanks from Don Vann, some M3 blanks, a sharpening package I'm putting together, plus several more items you'll enjoy.

I'll conduct the drawing on Saturday March 1, and post the list of winners around noon.

Happy to hear your comments, and thanks for your support!

longbeard

Awesome prizes. Awesome vendors. A BIG THANK YOU to all. Hopefully i can get my name in the hat in the next few days as well. Gonna be fun watching the drawing. Thank you Jeff for all your hard work and putting this bash together as well as the rest.

Harry

firewhatfire

My opinion,

those that donated are truly appreciated for what they do for the bash as well as throughout the year.

looking forward to seeing the rest of the stuff being listed, oh and the anticipation of possibly winning 1 of those magnificent items.

Cmiles1985

This is by far the friendliest online (and possibly ANY) community that I've ever been a part of. The vendors are wonderful and very personable. The willingness of all of the members to help each other, and share knowledge/experiences/techniques, is incredible. Thank you to everyone in this forum for what you do! The prizes listed so far look amazing, and I have to say (after ordering my blue mug yesterday) that I'd be ecstatic to see my name listed as a winner. Even if not, I'll be excited for all of those that do win one of these amazing items. Good luck everybody!

Ed McDonnell

I couldn't believe how incredible the prize list was a couple of days ago and it just keeps getting bigger and better every day. The only thing I can think of that might be better than the donation drawing and it's fantastic list of prizes is

this

and it might only be a teeny weeny itsy bitsy bit better.

Ed

bobleibo

Every time I log on and read about the things people do and how they do it, I win.
I bought a mug - I win
These great prizes are just icing on an already great cake.
Thanks Jeff and team for all the hard work you do all year long!

mlconnelly

This has been my first bash and all I can say is THANKS to all those who have worked so hard to make it happen. The prize donations are tremendous. This is a great on line community. I have had a blast following and participating. My wife has even started asking me about the daily trivia and wood identification contests. I "win" something every day just by logging on and learning from all the super talented people on the site who are so helpful and willing to share.

gimpy

Thank you to all,
especially the folks who
to their time to run the BB.

I know it is/was a lot of
there personal time and
effort to put on the bash

Also, a big thank you to all
who made donations, some of
them very pricey.

I am proud to be part of such
a well organized group who
make this such a family that
we are.

Tom T

Jeff,
The venders and other donators are the real deal. Thank you to each and all of you.
IAP is a great place to be for sure.
Thank you to the great group that is putting this bash on.
And winning a wonderful prize would be good to, but not necessary.

Edward Cypher

I agree with all that has been said and am glad I am in the drawing. As someone else said any prize would be awesome but the real prize is all the information on this site and all its supporters, vendors and individuals. It makes me like many others strive to do better and better. Thank you Jeff.

Last edited:

hdbblue

So far from the items being offered, there are only a few that I would like.
At a quick count that would be 29.
Great lineup, great job and thanks to you Jeff, the Bash committee and all the sponsors.

tim self

Yes, it is truly our vendors who make this whole thing a success. I have looked forward to it the last 5 yrs and have only seen it get better. What's next, a grand prize of a mustard monster?

Rounder

I donated and am a WINNER already!
Just by being in the company of such fine people!!!

:tongue:(Cactus juice, Cactus juice, Cactus juice, Cactus juice or any other prize! Please be mine!):tongue:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I think we're down to two prizes left to post. I have another gorgeous silver pen kit from Mike Redburn which has 18k accents, and a sharpening setup that I hope will impress!

Those goodies will be posted on Tuesday.

Changed my approach on the sharpening setup. I was going to get a grinder, a basic jig, and a CBN wheel.

I figure most people have a grinder, and you can make a jig, but the CBN wheels are awesome. So, I decided to provide TWO wheels as separate prizes.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I've got one more prize from Curtis to sweeten his stabilizing rig, then we are done adding prizes.

Anything else we just can't live without? I could add one more thing if I had a good idea...

Pete275

Incredible group of prizes! Thanks to everyone that worked the countless hours to put the bash together. Lets all remember to support the great vendors that donated all of the prizes. Like others have said it would be nice to win one of the prizes but if I don't I still win every time I log on to IAP. Thank You Jeff and all the rest of the Bash Crew!

Wayne

glen r

I'm happy to donate and glad to be part of such a friendly community. Looking at the membership list it is a great "International" community where everyone is welcome and if we don't understand the language there is someone that understands and steps up to do the welcome.

Why don't you get something nice like a camera, BUT make that drawing for the Bash Co-Chairs and the Prize guys that have already contributed so much to making this bash great and had endured so much.

I am sure that doing this will make it a lot easier to get help next year.

Mike

Top Bottom