What I Do In The Winter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from StephenM

StephenM

Since I still haven't gotten around to putting a ceiling in the shop/garage (it's been 10 years now), I retreat to the basement and sit at the veneer bench. Here are a couple of things I've made.

Cribbage Board:
louis1w.jpg

And Chess Board:

walmapbrlchssm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StephenM

My dad was a Marine (on the USS Missouri) and taught me how to play when I was 10 or so. Since the veneered ones wouldn't hold up to the elements, I also make solid ones and send them over via anymarine.com and anysailor.com A very nice lady at Bicycle Cards sent me 200 packs of playing cards to send with the boards.

seamus7227

that is awesome how you made that cribbage board! kinda plays with your eyes a bit. Excellent job!

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

vtturner

Better not be drinking when playing on that cribbage board, my eyes are already swimming. Those are some gorgeous boards.

Bill

InvisibleMan

That cribbage board is weirding me out. If I force myself to see the darkest pieces as flat, the tops of the boxes switch back and forth between the light color and the medium color. The dark pieces move from left side of the medium-topped boxes to the right side of the light-topped boxes. Also, I'm riding a giant iguana in the parade and they're throwing cotton candy at my oboe.

Top Bottom