What do you look like? 1/27/06 update

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

UKpenmaker

I have just been looking thought this topic, good to see what everbody looks like, a mighty fine bunch[8D]. Suppose i had better add my mug-shot:):D[:p].

Doing my day job
2006122165741_ME.jpg

This is one of me (on the left) with my mate building my workshop about 2 years ago.
2006122165414_Builders.jpg

punkinn

Wow, I really caught THIS thread late! 11 pages! Well you see, I was TURNING all day yesterday so I have an excuse. Okay, here's me in one of my Christmas presents (woodturning jacket). ;) One more for our team, Bev!

2006122174847_punkinn.jpg

Okay, I'm going back out to the garage now. :D
Nancy

gerryr

I'm sure the diving in Palau is excellent, but it takes more time and $$$ to get there than Bonaire. On Bonaire, there are about 60 marked shore diving sites. You just go to the dive shop, put some tanks in the back of your funky Toyota Hilux pickup and go pick a site. I know some people who get in 7-8 dives in one day. You can't do that if you're at the mercy of a boat schedule.

Dario

Here are pics of me and my family taken over the holidays.

First is with my wife (Jo) and my daughter (Kathryn).

20061252543_P1000698ab.jpg

Here is my shop assistant...busy mangling a snake ;)
200612525445_P1000897aa.jpg

Here's my other kids (Mark and Michel) playing wih their cousins
L-R (Mark, Alex, Olivia, Matt, and Michel)
200612532155_P1000791a.jpg

angboy

Pete, those are some poufy, totally not masculine [:X] looking dogs! You almost look a little uncomfortable with them in your lap, sort of like I'd look if someone handed me a baby [:0][:0]- kind of a look of "oh my gosh, what did I get myself into? What do I do now?" :D:D

pete00

Well dr angela, I tried to dress up for the occasion, spent hours trying on different outfits but those silly looking dogs had better looking sweaters on than i did....i was so upset i had to go on another cruise with
captain morgan again.......and again...and again....and again....

clewless

Here I am driving my Haflinger pony. Notice how many of us are in photos with others better looking than us. Is there something to that Ang?
And Ang, what about the number of us (women excluded) who wear beards? Are we hiding something?

Joe in MD

2006126153215_P3130024.jpg

Dario

Billy, That tough look of yours don't fool me now...I know you are a gentle person and a great friend to have.

Pete, I bet those dogs spend more in grooming than I :D

Scott, Great looking family you got there. Seems like everyone is having fun. The pictures are great...love the background too :)

Radman (Tom)...Not offended...just enjoying the "view" on your pic too [}:)]. You are much braver than I brother. ;)

Joe, I always wanted to try that...looks fun!

alamocdc

Originally posted by Radman

OK, you asked for it.. hope nobody's offended....

Offended? [?][:p] Right on, brother!

Dario, most of us (Harley riders I mean) aren't what most people think of. We call those that personify that stereotype the 1 percenters... b/c they only make up 1% of the riding populace. ;)

Scottydont

I am suprised at the number of people apologizing for the way they look. There are all sorts of forums on photography that can help you with Photoshop! [:eek:)]

angboy

Originally posted by jwoodwright

Dr. Angela, is that your Professional Opinion[?]
LOL...[:0]:D[:p][}:)][:I]

Originally posted by pete00

Well dr angela, I tried to dress up for the occasion, spent hours trying on different outfits but those silly looking dogs had better looking sweaters on than i did....i was so upset i had to go on another cruise with
captain morgan again.......and again...and again....and again....

Yep, that's my professional opinion. And all for the low, low price of $4.67! [^] That's at an hourly (discounted for the good ole IAP) rate of $140, charging only for the two minutes it took to come to that opinion! My secretary will be needing your insurance cards so we can file it! :D

Now, as for Pete... my further opinion is that he has good coping skills, as evidenced by him coming up with a way to deal with being upset (it's called the Morgan coping skill, named after a famous person named Morgan!), but there's also a little bit of an obsessive tendency...

And I won't be charging for this newest opinion- it's on the house (just don't tell my secretary!)

pete00

Captain Morgan?

Ahhhh mr Billy B......that would be a fine brand name for a bottle of Rum....cheers....hic cup!

"Morgan Copeing skills" i like being called that instead of the old drunk in the corner....

hic...cup

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Ah yes, this reminds me of being in Puerto Rico during the '80s. The Navy Package store carried Captain Morgan's for the awesome price of $1.75 per fifth! The Captain and I were the best of friends back in those days!!

angboy

Originally posted by clewless

Here I am driving my Haflinger pony. Notice how many of us are in photos with others better looking than us. Is there something to that Ang?
And Ang, what about the number of us (women excluded) who wear beards? Are we hiding something?

Sigh.... my work here is never done! [^] Actually Joe, I'm thinking maybe I could make you my intern- you did a great job on interpreting the whole beard thing! Good theory! Glad you did exclude us women in that theory though! ;) Actually, another possible theory is that the beards work like dust collectors...

As for the issue about being in photos with people (or horses? :D) better looking than "us" (I have to put it in quotes, b/c for my own ego I have to exclude myself from that characterization and assume that that isn't what people think about my photo from a couple of pages back) I have to say, in my most sympathetic, soft, calm therapist voice... that sometimes reality bites! [}:)];)[}:)];)

TomServo

bill: that's a bridge in grand lake colorado - I lived there almost 3 years - wonderful weather - not too cold in the winter, lots of snow, great views, and the summers are 70-78F every day... I couldn't tell you what street it is, but that's the canal between grand lake and shadow mountain lake. people actually ride their snowmobiles up that canal - even with no ice. I'm not that crazy.

scalawagtoo

200612824433_P1070022.jpg

Here's the old scalawag (you penturners probably forgot all about me)
discussing politics and religion on the web and downloading music just for something to do cuz I don't have a shop right now.(60 different versions of Stormy Monday. Do you love the blues? I mean do you really love the blues?)
I'll be going back to the senior center but not making pens (I have a reproduction antique cobbler's bench coffee table half done)

Thanks to those of you who just bought that walnut off me and I guess I should get some more.
[:p]just green with envy[:p]

angboy

Originally posted by gerryr

Angela, are you a psychiatrist or a psychologist? My wife is a psychiatrist.

Hi Gerry. I'm a Clinical Psychologist. I thought about med school and the psychiatry route, but I'm a wimp and couldn't even make it through 8 am chemistry class in college- there was no way I'd be able to do 36 hour rotations in med school! Plus, I'm also a wimp who tends to pass out easily- the first time I ever fainted was when a nurse was putting a bandaid on my finger one time! So I would never have survived med school.

But hey, if you and your wife want to move- we need a good psychiatrist here in central NE!

angboy

1/27/06 As of today there are 96 people with pictures. It has been a good year! Of that 96: 3 are women, 18 guys have mustashes, and 29 have beards, that leaves 46 clean-shaven guys! I hope everyone is enjoying this as much as I am!!

There's only 3 women??? I haven't looked back through, but I was thinking there were more than that! Bev, you were the first one, I know I saw a picture from Punkinn, and myself, but weren't there more??? [:0][:0][:0] Or is it just all the women in those pix with the men that I'm thinking of? That old saying that behind every man... ?

(And you are very patient to have gone through and counted everything and come up with those stats, Bev!)

I also may have to talk with my intern, Joe, regarding that whole theory about the beard thing, since your numbers make it look like the minority of men here have beards! Personally, (prefering clean-shaven myself) I like those numbers you got Bev!

angboy

Originally posted by Radman

OK, you asked for it.. hope nobody's offended....

2006126151459_Brunette.jpg

[:p][}:)][:p][}:)][:p][}:)]
Radman[8D]

Hi Tom. I held off a couple of days to post this, b/c I didn't want to offend anyone, and I hope you (or your S.O. [:X]) don't take offense, but I kept thinking it and couldn't stand keeping it to myself anymore- I just had to tell you that when I see your picture, I can't help but think of my pen Lola! [}:)];)[}:)];)

Top Bottom