What do u use to hang...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Knucklefish

Knucklefish

When finishing (laquer, poly, salad finish, etc) a bowl, is there some sort of "hanger" or something that you can use to hang the piece while the finish is drying? I am trying to finish 6 cherry bowls and cant figure out how to keep them off the bench. Am=ny help is appreciated!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTsideshow

To dry items that were painted on all surfaces that you could rest the item. I used thin plyscore with long small wire brads with the points up pound thru it in a pattern that covered an area that would hold the item with the least surface area touching.

Now I have a couple of sets of those paint pyramids they are selling everywhere to hold the items with the least surface contact.
Like these the yellow ones now they have other items to go with them so they can charge more.
You can get them on sale or make your own with the nails.

I also used to cut the expanded metal diamond type that is used for plaster work and fold up the legs so only a couple of the cut diamond points would touch the items.
:clown:

I have a series of little wood squares with 1 1/2 inch sheet rock screws sticking up through them and sit my bowls and finish pieces on them as "paint points"...
for my pepper mills, I have 3/4" x 3" dowels glued into a board with brads in a circle around the parimeter about 1" or so down that will accept the pepper mill bodies and hold them clear of the table while the finish dries... the tops fit on a 1/2" dia dowel glued in front of the larger dowel.

nava1uni

I use paint pyramids to hold bowls and larger objects; thin dowels to hold pen blanks horizontally and boards with screws through them to hold some things.

Turn yourself three pointed cones to place under the projects out of scraps. You could even drill a hole to mount a small nail in the tip. Back when I was into scale models I bent metal coat hangers and hung them from the porch awning.

Top Bottom