Welcome to the Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest sponsored by Exotic Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

And here we are ladys and gentlemen as our competitors round the back corner and head into the last turn. We have less than 5 hours remaining to get your pen in and its going to be close. There are plenty of pens out there waiting to be turned in and its going to come down to the wire. I expect a photo finish for this race. In fact with out a photo you wont be in the race!

Are you trying to give me a heart attack, or dd you think you were posting on the Russ Fairfield contest?

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
And here we are ladys and gentlemen as our competitors round the back corner and head into the last turn. We have less than 2 days and 5 hours remaining to get your pen in and its going to be close. There are plenty of pens out there waiting to be turned in and its going to come down to the wire. I expect a photo finish for this race. In fact with out a photo you wont be in the race!

Are you trying to give me a heart attack, or dd you think you were posting on the Russ Fairfield contest?

Ed

I dont see a problem!:biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Lots of contests are ending but you still have a couple of days left to get on the Advanced Pen contest. Ed is still recovering from his heart attack and 32 entries in THe Russ fairfield contest so you can still sneak by him and get the winning pen in first!

yaroslaw

It's only a day left for finishing a pen, and this little "thing" is killing me. A week of planning and several days of making, and I have one last part to make and finish everything. Hope I will not screw it up.

And it's so hard to work, when with a lathe turning, I hear explosions every few minutes and know that right now just 2km away from my house people are dying:( Sad. But work helps a bit.

Twissy

It's only a day left for finishing a pen, and this little "thing" is killing me. A week of planning and several days of making, and I have one last part to make and finish everything. Hope I will not screw it up.

And it's so hard to work, when with a lathe turning, I hear explosions every few minutes and know that right now just 2km away from my house people are dying:( Sad. But work helps a bit.

Puts a lot of things into perspective :-(
Keep safe.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It does put things into perspective.
We are coming down to the wire and the entries are still trickling in.. Should be a flood by tonight. I want to wish all of you that enter a pen the best of Luck.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
LADIES and GENTLEMEN
It has been an Epic battle of the pen makers but now in Round 4 FirewhatFire goes down and out with A TKO.. The punishing grueling schedule has taken its toll on another pen maker. Will he ever recover? Will he come back for more punishment in next years bash! You bet he will!

Ed McDonnell

I started something new and it's shaping up in the shop. My wife and have tickets for a show tonight so I have 4 hours left to finish and photo. It's going to be close. Back to work.............

Ed

Hope yaroslaw is doing alright. Things seem pretty bad where he is.........

firewhatfire

oh I have learned his lesson. :crying:

I started the month of Feb. with a 25 pen order and recieved a 40 pen order from the same customer on the 17th.

I will be way ahead of the curve for next year. I might better start on it in March just to make sure.:rolleyes:

Phil

LADIES and GENTLEMEN
It has been an Epic battle of the pen makers but now in Round 4 FirewhatFire goes down and out with A TKO.. The punishing grueling schedule has taken its toll on another pen maker. Will he ever recover? Will he come back for more punishment in next years bash! You bet he will!

hard hat

Mine is in the oven cooking, so to speak. Hope to have pictures of it by dinner time. And whether or not mine is received well, my wife deserves a huge thank you for putting up with my madness and not killing me over the constant talking about pens.

Ed McDonnell

Mine is in the oven cooking, so to speak. Hope to have pictures of it by dinner time. And whether or not mine is received well, my wife deserves a huge thank you for putting up with my madness and not killing me over the constant talking about pens.

My wife is as excited about this whole thing as I am...although there is a slight chance that her excitement may be more about it all being over soon...but I think she is genuinely sharing my excitement.

I took mine out of the oven a few minutes ago and I'm just waiting for cool down to do the final turning. I'm so close on this one.........

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Mine thinks Im insane....................
attachment.php

Attachments

• 24.gif
    24.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

Ed McDonnell

Waiting for some epoxy to cure. Then I have to insert the last piece and it will be all done. Except for the photo and creating my artist statement. I wonder if that smooth talking dude from SD (aka Derek the Entrant Stealing Varmint) is available for consultation? Probably no time to consult, I'll just have to go it alone. I'm never at a loss for words. Getting them to always make sense can be a challenge, but I digress....

Talk about an emotional roller coaster. Last night it looked like I was out of the competition. Today it looks like I'm back in it. It may not be what I originally (or even recently) planned, but I'm proud of what (I think) I'm submitting.

Soon it will all be in the hands of the membership. May the voting favor those who are pure of heart and strong in their skills (and me too!!!).

Good luck everyone.

Ed

hard hat

Ok. I'm submitted. Many more hours than it should have rightfully taken, but its over. Much like the movie Old School where Will Ferrell is in the debate, I blacked out and when I came to this was the result.

yaroslaw

Thanks guys for your support.

I've manage to beat that horse, eh, pen. I thought it would be tough but it was almost TOO tough. Neverthless it ended being more beautiful than I ever hope:) Thanks for the reason for really breaking my limits:)))
Submitted. You can give me my 1st prize right away:):):)

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Its almost here The deadline of deadlines. Thats right, at the stroke of midnight you and your non entry pen turn into pumpkins. NO glass like ca finish can save you after that. I wont accept a sorry excuse about 7 short dumpy height challenged men waylaying you on the way to submit your entry. Nope, no way, no how!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes Sir Ed Streets pen is a very vivid unusual entry that will blow your socks off. Im not sure how any of you will compete with that ummmmm, masterpiece! But! try you will and some one is going to win!

Ed McDonnell

Well, I'm in. I chose dinner over photo time. Hopefully I won't regret it.

Ed

If dinner was burritos or chili you might regret it.:bulgy-eyes:

It was a really nice piece of salmon, but burritos or chili (extra hot!!!) would have been nice. Hmmm.....Salmon Burritos topped with habernero stoked chili.....that could be the taste sensation that sweeps the nation.

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
WHoooo Hooo hold the presses RichF has snuck a pen in under the wire. Not bad since I bet he just started tonight after his dinner! Let me tell you he is no slouch at pen making!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Well, I'm in. I chose dinner over photo time. Hopefully I won't regret it.

Ed

If dinner was burritos or chili you might regret it.:bulgy-eyes:

It was a really nice piece of salmon, but burritos or chili (extra hot!!!) would have been nice. Hmmm.....Salmon Burritos topped with habernero stoked chili.....that could be the taste sensation that sweeps the nation.

Ed

Not to mention the gas it would produce would make the nation less dependent on other sources1:laugh:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Oh and lets not forget Since Derek seems to have slacked off that the Trivia is still on going for the rest of the month!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
And its a race down to the wire, Neck and Neck they come. We have another submission squeaking in at the last moment.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Less than half an hour left to get your pen made and entered. You may need to (ahem) borrow a pen to submit if you havent got yours done by now!.... ooops thats right you cant borrow a pen for this contest. If your not headed for the entry form your in deep chips right about now.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes! another entry in just under the wire. Its getting crowded but I will make more room in the contest if you want to enter a pen!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
And SOLD to the hightest Bidder..... Oh wait thats another story..... The official time to enter has passed and the contest is closed to entries. Unless you have the winning Power Ball ticket in which case I can be convinced it was only Island Time.!:laugh:

Top Bottom