Welcome to the Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest sponsored by Exotic Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

STOP the presses! Hold your hats, abandon all hope ye who enter here, the ED has made an entry! ;) Oh if everyone could see this mighty fine work of art. :) This entry is truly worthy of the pen makers guild.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
:rotfl: Well I guess that about wraps it up folks, Ed's pen has just about done it all! I guess I should return all other submissions with an appology :rotfl:

Nope, plenty more room for more entries and they are starting to trickle in.
Lots of talent and geat pens out there just waiting to be made.

JohnGreco

Got started yesterday (going well!) but daughter is home sick today and snowmageddon coming tomorrow night...UGH!!

Ed has thrown down the gauntlet, must...finish...my entry...

JohnGreco

Ruined a section of material trying to improvise instead of waiting for the tools I ordered...probably not going to be able to enter after all :/ Best of luck to all of the contestants!

elkhorn

For the newbies to this site, how do we enter and what are the rules? Can you enter a pen you've already posted?

Thanks!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Anyone need any help out there? technical, or philosophical, maybe some pointers on which end of pen is up? I have an interior design panel standing by if you want to make sure your colors in your pen dont clash. Im thinking with all this stimulating conversation we have had we may need a crises Hot line. 1-800- HELP Me Make a pen!

It looks like we are going to go down to the wire on submissions. How about some teaser shots?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
teasers in no particular order as inspiration to those of you still working on your pens

Attachments

• teaser 1.jpg
    teaser 1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 157
  • teaser 3.jpg
    teaser 3.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 161
  • teaser 4.jpg
    teaser 4.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 160
  • teaser2.jpg
    teaser2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 97
  • teaser 5.jpg
    teaser 5.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 95
  • teaser 6.jpg
    teaser 6.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 163

Ed McDonnell

Here's a teaser in no particular orientation, at some crazy level of magnification that is intended to mystify and confound all who dare to examine it. This will definitely be part of my entry unless it's not, but don't hold me to that because I'm not 100% sure, despite my affirmative statement. Some of this stuff is beyond my control (assuming I am able to convince myself that when things go wrong during the pen making process it wasn't really my fault and thus was beyond my control....).

Ed

Attachments

• abpTease01.jpg
    abpTease01.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 159

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I was going to ask if you were off your meds Ed, Then I realized both of you that posted are Ed. Then I realized it was still a pertinent question.:biggrin:

Ed McDonnell

I was going to ask if you were off your meds Ed, Then I realized both of you that posted are Ed. Then I realized it was still a pertinent question.:biggrin:

If you stare at what I'm making long enough, you might need meds (or feel like you had some). :biggrin:

Ed

Pitoon

just out of curiosity....how many entries are we up to now? that's pretty cool that you put up some teasers, lol!

Pitoon

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
7 so far but the mass invasion of entries wont come in until sunday or monday after the final weekend.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Every one needs to be on the look out for that low down no good entry stealing varmint that is trying to convince you all to make a pen in the ARFMMSC contest.. :eek: Why that man know no shame! He is probably lurking around here right now just figuring out new ways to steal my contestants. :biggrin:

Ed McDonnell

Every one needs to be on the look out for that low down no good entry stealing varmint that is trying to convince you all to make a pen in the ARFMMSC contest.. :eek: Why that man know no shame! He is probably lurking around here right now just figuring out new ways to steal my contestants. :biggrin:

This is just outrageous. Outrageous I say!!

I don't know who this varmint is, but we need to track her down and hang her high!!! Now, before this really gets out of control.:confused:

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I would like to welcome all you new contestants from the other contests I have managed to ummm "convince" (yeah thats the word) to leave those other not as much fun contests and join in with the cool pen makers on Iap! Why we have the prettiest cheerleaders, the best marching band and best looking chairperson!:biggrin:

Ed McDonnell

I would like to welcome all you new contestants from the other contests I have managed to ummm "convince" (yeah thats the word) to leave those other not as much fun contests and join in with the cool pen makers on Iap! Why we have the prettiest cheerleaders, the best marching band and best looking chairperson!:biggrin:

Ha!!! Prove it. I'm going to post my picture and the we'll see if you have the nerve to post your own. Let's let the members of IAP decide who the best looking chairperson is.

Now, I just have to decide whether to post my picture in your thread (where it will almost certainly drive people to other contests (especially if you post yours along with it!! :wink:) or whether I should post it in my own contest. It's getting harder and harder to come up with ideas on hyping my contest and posting my picture could be good for laughs an provide a lot of hype potential.

Ed

Ed McDonnell

It's official. I have moved from the planning stage to the execution stage for my entry.

Despite the best attempts of someone, who I will not publicly name (because I'm a better sportsman and besides, I don't want to publicly call out Mike) , to distract me from my pen making activities by ladling chum all over the forums that he knows I can't resist, I've got my pen started.

I turned something round. Actually, two somethings.

Now, I better get back to the shop before I get hooked by any more of that bait that's being trolled all over...... :biggrin:

Ed

JohnGreco

OK, I gave it another go and was successful (on that step). Now I jut need to work around my kids being home from school for snow days...and orders coming in...Arg!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
good to hear it John. Now I know most people will tell you that you have to set your priorities and yes Im one of them. ............. Make the pen........

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We are starting to wind down for the day and looking forward to seeing some great entries. Have fun, be safe and make a great pen.

Top Bottom