Using the Christmas presents

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gketell

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
SWMBO got me a Oneway Easy Core for Christmas. This past weekend some friends came over and we gave it a try turning one chunk of Redwood Burl into two big bowl blanks (currently wrapped and drying on a shelf) and one completed little bowl.

This is the little bowl. 4-1/2" diameter, 1-1/4" high, 1/8" thick at the rim (which is the thickest part of the bowl). 10 coats of Deft spray gloss lacquer, 1 coat of Deft spray satin lacquer (I gave up trying to get the Redwood smooth).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• RedwoodBurlMiniBowl-1.jpg
    RedwoodBurlMiniBowl-1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 528
  • RedwoodBurlMiniBowl-2.jpg
    RedwoodBurlMiniBowl-2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 523
  • RedwoodBurlMiniBowl-3.jpg
    RedwoodBurlMiniBowl-3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 548
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

Gregg, another beauty again. Very nice work. BTW, you are lucky that your wife shows interest in your hobby and buys you tools for creating those masterpieces, instead of buying you the Xmas tie that you only wear it one time. I was lucky that my wife bought me two books for Xmas, one was penturning and the other wood turning, but I have a long way to get to your level with mini lathe anyways. I haven't even tried to grow toes yet alone crawling.

ctubbs

Good job Gregg. I tried a bowl the other night. I am still looking for the blank after it took a flight somewhere. I'm not too sure I really want to find it. Your bowl is well turned and finished. Congratulations.
Charles

Rangertrek

Well turned and nice design on the overall bowl shape. Excellent work on getting the bowl that thin. I am still learning to go thin, need more confidence with my techniques.
Looks like the present will be put to good use, better than a tie! :)

Top Bottom