Yet another peppermill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from reefboy1

reefboy1

Hi all,

Here's another peppermill that I finished the other day. I had hoped to finish it in time to use as a Christmas present, but life got in the way.

It's Padauk, Birch, Bubinga and Purpleheart. Finish is BLO with many, many coats of WOP. 8" tall.

1_peppermill.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dplloyd

Haven't heard of Wipe on Poly before. Thought WOP might have been something walnut-ish.

btw.....to anybody out there......is there an acronym page for this site:confused:

Thanks reefboy!

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Art, that is a great looking mill!! Even better in full size!

Darci, you are ahead of me; I don't have a kit for a mill yet. It is on my "todo" list but so are a lot of things! ;)

maxman400

Looks Great, I just used some of that Wipe on Poly finish, I like it so far It acts like a sanding sealer. I am going to see what happens when I apply spay on poly on top of it.

reefboy1

Looks Great, I just used some of that Wipe on Poly finish, I like it so far It acts like a sanding sealer. I am going to see what happens when I apply spay on poly on top of it.

The directions said it only needed 2 coats. I put about 10 coats on before I finally got the finish I wanted (used steel wool between each coat). I do like the result though.

Art

Rangertrek

I like the pepper mill. I have used WOP many times also. I did try to add a coat of spray on poly over the wop, without much success. The spray had small little bubbles and dots on the surface, probably something with my spray technique or the spray tip.

Top Bottom