some new things from me...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from glycerine

glycerine

I haven't posted many pics lately. I've turned a few pens for some customers, but nothing spectacular. But, I have tried my hand at a few items besides pens. I recently acquired a scroll chuck, so I have been able to expand my horizons. Most of these items, I used the scroll chuck in one way or another and are first attempts for me...
The first pic contains an ice pic (filed down and polished steel rod, walnut handle), a bottle stopper that I made a while back, but don't think I ever posted, a seam ripper, a pendant and a pair of ear rings.
The second pics is a couple of "magic wands". My 5 year old daughter loves to play with these! She also plays alot of Lego Harry Potter on my xbox.
The third pic is my failed attempt at an "imitation Boone ring". It's aluminum and cocobolo. It separated on me will I was turning down the outside. I'll probably glue it back and see if I can finish it up, but you can imagine how pretty it WOULD have turned out!
I'd like to try out a peppermill soon. Just don't have the forstner bits yet...

kludge77

What a wide variety of turnings! It's fun to try new items! They all look GREAT!

Too bad about the ring, It's a cool concept!

Top Bottom