ULTRA SNAKE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from altaciii

altaciii

Cigar rattlesnake blank by Don Ward (a fellow Texan) combined hardware from two ultar cigar kits to keep it all gold. I have been very please with the quality of the PR blanks I got from Don. This turned like butter and polished to a high sheen. Still trying to learn the camara. All critics are welcome. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• ULTRASNAKE.jpg
    ULTRASNAKE.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 250
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Looks good but I like the scales pointing the other way. I know, it's just personal preference, I just can't get used to seeing them point that way.

Yeah, Don is the man when it comes to snakeskin blanks.

bitshird

Great job, I like the scales both going the same way, That has to be the best looking Ultra I've seen, as soon as I can start turning again I'm going to get some snake skins from Don,
I hope I can do any where near that nice of pen.

bruce119

Looks good but I like the scales pointing the other way. I know, it's just personal preference, I just can't get used to seeing them point that way.

Yeah, Don is the man when it comes to snakeskin blanks.

I've always set my skins up like his. My way of thinking is the snake is going toward the writing end. Head down tail up just the way I think if your pen was to slither across the table which way would it go. :question:

Skye

I've always set my skins up like his. My way of thinking is the snake is going toward the writing end. Head down tail up just the way I think if your pen was to slither across the table which way would it go.

Yeah, it's all the way you perceive it. I picture it coming out of someone's pocket if it's clip is being used. If that's the case, the finial leads the way. Also, I've noticed when someone feels a pen, they tend to feel the finial end, running a finger down to the nib. I guess because it's because you can run your finger from fat half down to narrower half easier than the opposite. It's just whatever your used to seeing probably. I also like that the scales mimic the shape of the nib when pointing this way:

2006-04-19_133609_alt.jpg

its_virgil

Nice...nice...nice. You did an exceptional job making the snake blank show its true beauty. The snake blank may be mine, well it's yours now, but you made it the "Ultra snake" that it is now.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom