turning leather

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

It's not hard at all. I use the chrome tanned leather because it's a little harder. Cut squares, punch a hole and glue them on the tube with white glue. I use thin CA to help stabilize it as I turn.
I make my own punches for the different size tubes because drilling leather doesn't work too well. PM me if you want a punch made and we'll work something out.:wink:

WoodWizard

Check out the library there is one in there on making and turning a leather pen.

Yeah....I saw the pfd file of it...thats what got me interested:biggrin:
I was just wondering if there was a video...if your saying there is a VIDEO...then I missed it....i will have to go back and look...thanks:)

WoodWizard

It's not hard at all. I use the chrome tanned leather because it's a little harder. Cut squares, punch a hole and glue them on the tube with white glue. I use thin CA to help stabilize it as I turn.
I make my own punches for the different size tubes because drilling leather doesn't work too well. PM me if you want a punch made and we'll work something out.:wink:
Rick...thanks for the info. My father use to do leather work when i was a kid...i sent him a email asking if he had any hide still around....im hoping he also has a punch or two around as well. if he says he does not then i will be taking you up on that deal:)

rjwolfe3

I haven't seen a video but that doesn't mean there isn't one. I would love to see more videos in our library but I have no idea how to even make one.

GregHight

Hobby Lobby & Michael's both have leather for crafts as well as some tools for working with leather. A friend of mine uses dyed alligator hide on the top of pens all the time and I think he just glues and trims it to the tume and hides the seam with a clip. I've also sem him do it with cow hide with the hair still on it and it looks pretty cool.

Jgrden

Check your PM

Top Bottom