Toothpick holders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Gary Max

Here's the first patch of our newest product. Yup I gave in and we now make toothpick holders. Once you get a system going you can make several per day :rolleyes:
We have one more show to do this year----hopefully these will go over BIG.
I plan on having a couple dozen done.

Attachments

• toothpicks.jpg
    toothpicks.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 398
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Beautiful work Gary. Did the wood come with Cactus also? :') Where is the tutorial for your system? JK. I hope that they sell great for you.

They look great! Did you come up with the design? I made some toothpick keychains for my in-laws and they loved them-they'd do chimpanzee flips for something you set on a table!

Gary Max

I think one of the woodworking Mags had a big "How To " on them a couple months ago. First thing you know they where popping up on every turning site on the net.
The funny----one of my customers bought me one as a sample---told me that he would buy several if I would make them up. You know how I am----Toothpick Holders "For Sale"
The good part----the only store bought item is the dowel rod inside and we have them instock.
I need to get 4 made from Cedar and that will give me 20 of them ready to sale.

pentex

Alfred, went to the site you showed and could not fine the video for the toothpick holder. Could not find the woodturning section. Help. Thanks.

arioux

Harold,

On the left of the viewer, there is a thumbnail section. On the bottom of that section you will se a small arrow . Click on that arrow untill the last page. Click on the woodturning thumbnail and you will get to the video section.

Hope i'm not too confusing :)

P.S. i said it wa a 2 parts video. It's in fact 3 pats.

Alfred

Last edited:

Gary Max

I have not read the magazine---I just saw one and liked it.
#20 got made today----I give up.
Price range----$25.00 to $75.00---most $30.00
The big trick------the base of the stem must fit ---if it's loose---the tooth picks will jam the sides and you have to mess with it.
I will get you folks a pic and show you a cute trick I added to the design.
Oh I try and start with a 3x3x6----I don't know what the directions say.

If you look at the walnut base you can see there is a lip---kinda makes a bucket of sorts for the toothpicks to set in.

Attachments

• basepic.jpg
    basepic.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Top Bottom