This weekends efforts,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stevers

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevers

Hi All,
This first pair is from the same blank. Gotta love Sierra's. Used some of the pick guard material I got for the segmentation lines. Just board and playen around. The lines are a bit crooked, but the wife and sis in law grabbed them both anyway. I believe it was a Rockler blank and the kits are Berea chrome Sierra's.

20081703555_twin%20Sierras%20650.jpg

This next one is a closed end black TI Euro with a blank also from Rockler. There are some pretty cool colors in it. The wife will probably claim this one as well. Don't know why I even make them.

20081703844_black%20closed%20end%20euro%20650.jpg

The closed enders are fun to make. It allows that extra creativity. One more element to experiment with.

Comments and critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jhs494

Very nice pens Steve! Job well done, and judging by how fast they get taken, I would say others agree.[:)]

DozerMite

Banned
very nice.
I need to get some of that pickguard.

I believe those blanks are on sale at AS.[;)]

karlkuehn

Banned
Steve, those are great and all, but it'd be really nice to see you post something that's not perfect, you know? I mean really, why continue to alienate yourself like you do. It's just not healthy my friend. [:p]

Great looking stuff pally, I love that pickguard, and you matched the colors perfectly. Don't you love how supportive the family gets when you make stuff? Good thing it don't take as long to make a pen as it does to knit an afghan...I just with my sis-n-law would hurry up. It's getting cold around here! heh

stevers

Sorry Karl, I just never know when to stop.[:p]
Mather, the pick guard material is the stuff they put on guitars with the knobs and pick ups in.
Thanks all.

lwalden

Nice looking pens, Steve- I see why they got snatched up so quickly!! Looks like you doubled up- B/R/B next to B/W/B on each end..... for the diagonal- was that B/R/B in the middle, with a layer of the thinner single black on either side, and a layer of the single white on the outside?
Any trouble gluing up the segments? Again, Nice work!!

stevers

Lyle,
Correct on the outside layers. The diagonal is a B/R/B with slightly sanded W/B/W on the outside. I had to cut the bank apart for an undisclosed reason. They glued up perfectly. Med CA and a light sanding on the pick guard material before glue up. It stuck "real" well. So fast, I didn't get them lined up in time. Was probably also due to the humidity in the air. Had rained all night and some of the day.
Thanks for the great and "fast" service Lyle. I'm glad I decided to try the PG. It is a great way to segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom