The Original Wave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

As most of you know I'm not talented enough to make this blank but I was trully surprised at how it turned after adhearing to the instructions from the master.The body is Walnut,with maple,cherry and centered with mahogany,the finish is CA.All comments welcome.

20081616916_1eagle.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

It is nice to see a beautiful pen out of domestic woods. A great design and nice finish. I would have been a little apprehensive of how it would look with the gold in the center band, glad you did it as it accents well.

Great job both of you!

Mike & Linda

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by airrat
<br />great job on lining up the segments. Looks good.

One of the benefits of this pattern (yes, I turned one) is that it repeats in concert with the "three start thread" of the cap. In other words, if it lines up when you finish the pen, any where you start your threads, it will line up again, when closed.

As far as I know, Eagle is the only "blank" maker who has taken this into consideration in producing his works of art!!!

OF course, great job Roy and Eagle!!

OKLAHOMAN

Absolutey right all you have to do is line up the coupler and it will line up every time, It also lines up when posted.How he accomplished it I have no idea[:0][:0].
Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />
Originally posted by airrat
<br />great job on lining up the segments. Looks good.

One of the benefits of this pattern (yes, I turned one) is that it repeats in concert with the "three start thread" of the cap. In other words, if it lines up when you finish the pen, any where you start your threads, it will line up again, when closed.

As far as I know, Eagle is the only "blank" maker who has taken this into consideration in producing his works of art!!!

OF course, great job Roy and Eagle!!

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN
<br />Absolutey right all you have to do is line up the coupler and it will line up every time, It also lines up when posted.How he accomplished it I have no idea[:0][:0].

Just the thought of attempting something like that gives me a headache. Real attention to detail, but I doubt there is much that gets past Eagle. Roy how puffed up was your chest when you got done with this?

Mike

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam

Oh yeah! What about my all black PR blank. It lines up every time and doesn't care if its a 3 or 4 start thread or even how you line it up when assembling.

Nice job Roy and Eagle. These are becoming classics.

OKLAHOMAN

You bet my chest was puffed[^],but did you feel me finally exhale[:0] all the way in Indiana when I finished drilling it?That was the strong southern wind you had yesterday[:D].
Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking
<br />
Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN
<br />Absolutey right all you have to do is line up the coupler and it will line up every time, It also lines up when posted.How he accomplished it I have no idea[:0][:0].

Just the thought of attempting something like that gives me a headache. Real attention to detail, but I doubt there is much that gets past Eagle. Roy how puffed up was your chest when you got done with this?
Mike

Ligget

Not sure if I like that blank or not, I can appreciate the work that went into it and you have made a great job turning it into a pen. The colour combination of the woods are a lovely match but I think it`s the wavey line that puts me off. Sorry!

OKLAHOMAN

Louis, his blanks are for sale,I've sent you a PM, reply with your E-mail address and I'll send Eagle your E-mail address and he will contact you.Anyone else wanting an Eagle blank just PM me.
Originally posted by louisbry
<br />Very nice blank and kit selection and the turning is excellent. How does one go about purchasing one of those Eagle masterpieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom