Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
[FONT=&quot]Spring into Summer 2x4 Pen Exchange[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SPRING PITH 2011[/FONT]
Okay all, due to the interest arising from the mention of this years PITH, I have decided to run SPRING PITH 2011. Rumor has it that this will not be the only swap this year so keep your eyes open for future events to be announced at a later time.

In order to participate your user profile must contain your real first and last name, and city and state of residence.

If you have failed to follow-through with activities in the past don't bother attempting to join this one as your name will be removed prior to posting pairs.

Rule #1 HAVE FUN!!

Rule #2 Pen can be any kit or kitless pen that you desire to use.

Rule #3 As the contest name suggests, the pen should be made from common, construction grade building material. (typically pine, but some areas of the world may differ slightly) No "Fancy" woods allowed. This theme is to help keep the playing field level for those who think they do not have a quality enough material to use in an exchange. Don't cheat and go out looking for some exotic pine. It is on the honor system, do right by everyone please.
EDIT IN: Cut it, splice it, inlay it, segment it, or cast it, just be sure it is PINE in MOST of it.

Rule #4 HAVE FUN!!

This swap will contain only 1 group so don't worry about your experience level. Just build the best pen you can using the material required. There needs to be no worries that your pen must "beat" anyone else. I will pair up the names once the sign up period is over and post the list so you can see who your partner is.

Be aware that this is an international site and you may need to ship your pen to another country. If this is not something you can do, perhaps it best you do not sign up for this event. If you cannot complete the swap in the time frame given, please do not sign up.

The person you send your pen to most likely will not be the person you receive a pen from.

Because sometimes "STUFF" happens, if you have any problems communicate them to your partner and to myself so we can work through them without anyone being left out.

Pairs Posted May 15th
Try and have all swaps completed by July 1st (this should be plenty of time for everyone. No matter what, keep in contact with your swap partner up until the swap is complete.

Teaser photos are encouraged. They are fun and peak the interest of everyone before the actual picture of the pen is posted. Post teaser photos directly in this thread. I will get some help setting up a different place to post finished pen photos for once the swaps are completed. That will be announced later.

Last edited:
Pine? ohhhh kay

I guess I am game.

I was hoping I could use IPE... they use that in the west...

Fine. I will do what I can... I have most species but no Pine.
Well no more readin my whine, I shall go off and make a pen of Pine. Hope it will turn out fine.

PenPal

Since Huon Pine is used in construction of ships my pine of choice I am in. It is indigenous only to Australia. This is my first teaser.

Landon I am in.

Kind regards mate.

MarkD

Count me in.
I have Ipe left over from a deck but since it has to be pine I'll have to go hunting around.
Can someone tell me how to tell if a wall stud is load bearing before I find out the hard way? :confused:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Count me in.
I have Ipe left over from a deck but since it has to be pine I'll have to go hunting around.
Can someone tell me how to tell if a wall stud is load bearing before I find out the hard way? :confused:

Take a jig saw and cut a piece out of the center of the stud from one side. YOu dont have to worry about taking the stud out of the wall or if its load bearing:biggrin:

OH yeah and Im in also................I may have to borrow some pine and a kit but what the hell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom