Spectraply Blanks 20 for $10 incl shipping

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WWorkman

I was curious to see if anyone had received their spectra ply blanks. I ordered on the 14th and they had not shipped yet as of today. I contacted them and they told me they would be shipping out this PM.

eharri446

If you sign up with them to receive email updates, you will receive a coupon for 25% off your next purchase.

Also, has anyone received any shipping feedback from them yet?

TonyL

I did not receive mine, but I thought I read (or dreamt :) ) , it would take 5 or 6 days to receive. Thanks for calling.

keithncsu

I received an order confirmation the day I placed my order (7/14) and then received a sales order on Saturday (7/16). Not sure what that was for. I emailed this morning as I assumed they shipped Saturday. Got a response a few minutes ago and the lady said she has 45 emails asking about order status. She told me that the majority of orders would be shipping today and tomorrow. It's kind of like waiting for Christmas morning...

Dan Masshardt

I received an order confirmation the day I placed my order (7/14) and then received a sales order on Saturday (7/16). Not sure what that was for. I emailed this morning as I assumed they shipped Saturday. Got a response a few minutes ago and the lady said she has 45 emails asking about order status. She told me that the majority of orders would be shipping today and tomorrow. It's kind of like waiting for Christmas morning...

If they would just ship in a timely manner she could have avoided all the emails.

Brian G

I speculate they underestimated the popularity of the bargain, were slammed with orders, and are busy packing and sending in the order they were received. Hard for me to muster any kind of annoyance when I wasn't planning on buying absent the attractive price. :)

mecompco

They are 19.8 miles away from me. I've yet to see a package. Had I realized prior to ordering, I would have just taken a ride up.

Herb G

I think I'll hold off on buying any of these & see when you guys actually get them.
The thing about Mom & Pop companies is they (usually) think they can put their customers off until they feel like actually doing what they say they will do.
I tend to avoid those companies like the plague.

That's why they don't stay in business very long.
Granted, there are extenuating circumstances sometimes, but more often not.
This should not be construed as a blanket statement against or for any companies out there. It has been my experience this is the case is all.

KCW

I think I'll hold off on buying any of these & see when you guys actually get them.
The thing about Mom & Pop companies is they (usually) think they can put their customers off until they feel like actually doing what they say they will do.

This should not be construed as a blanket statement against or for any companies out there. It has been my experience this is the case is all.

This is an interesting statement, since the numerous people here that sell their pens, would be considered "mom & pop" businesses. I'm not putting your statement down, just an interesting outlook, is all.

jttheclockman

there have been a few people on FB that have started to get them and they look like a very good selection. That is what concerned me. I believe also they got hit with an unexpected amount of buyers and not only one box but multiple boxes for that price. After I get mine I am planing to take another look at these because I would like to make a basket or two from them. A platter or bowl would also be an option. Open your minds to other possible uses. I have used this material for my desk watches which I have shown here many times.

As far as Mom and Pop, heck I am a Mom and Pop seller too. :biggrin:

Herb G

There's quite a difference between you guys & the general population at large.
Quite a difference. I didn't mean for anyone to take my comment personally.

mecompco

I don't know that they are "Mom and Pop". According to my gunsmith friend, they make most of the rifle stocks out there in this type of material. I think he said that they supply Ruger, and possible others. I will take a ride up at some point and check them out.

If you sign up with them to receive email updates, you will receive a coupon for 25% off your next purchase.

Also, has anyone received any shipping feedback from them yet?

I did not receive mine, but I thought I read (or dreamt :) ) , it would take 5 or 6 days to receive. Thanks for calling.

I've been buying from Spectraply since before they relocated to Maine...three or four years or maybe more by now... they are a little slow shipping, but they also often make up the product after purchase... I bought some panels from them and they had to make the panels before shipping because of the special colors... it's been a while, but seems like it took a couple of weeks to receive.... and they may not have anticipated the response to their special and have to make up the boxes... they're good people and everyone will get their orders.

mecompco

I've been buying from Spectraply since before they relocated to Maine...three or four years or maybe more by now... they are a little slow shipping, but they also often make up the product after purchase... I bought some panels from them and they had to make the panels before shipping because of the special colors... it's been a while, but seems like it took a couple of weeks to receive.... and they may not have anticipated the response to their special and have to make up the boxes... they're good people and everyone will get their orders.

Good to know. One wonders why they moved to North Anson? I actually lived there for a few years as a child. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere. It is sort of good ride up the Kennebec--I remember watching the log drives there back in the day.

Brian G

I haven't finished many of these, but I think what looks like color bleed is end grain fuzz of the ply. I get this with colored veneers in segmenting, sometimes. The shinier the finish, the more it looks like bleed.

jttheclockman

Thought i would show another use for that type of wood. I buy them in different thicknesses. Have used the red white and blue, brown, grey, red and green, blue. Want to try some light green and yellow for baskets. Not sure why I have not thought of that before. :confused:

The black and green watch bands are spectraply. When the light hits them at different angles it gives a different look. :)

jttheclockman

Ordered a few sheets today with the 25% coupon. Hope they do come in a timely manner. They do say 2 to 4 weeks. Hope it is not that long. If they work out for what I want to try I will order other colors and will contact to see if I can make some sort of a deal.

gt64155

I also got the 404-Page not found. I sent an email to the company and they responded that the sale ended on Wednesday. Anyone have a few blanks that they would sell to me?

Bill Thompson

jttheclockman

Ordered a few sheets today with the 25% coupon. Hope they do come in a timely manner. They do say 2 to 4 weeks. Hope it is not that long. If they work out for what I want to try I will order other colors and will contact to see if I can make some sort of a deal.

I hope they are as fast as they indicated. On 7/20 I ordered 4 sheets of Dandelion spectraply. On 7/22 I forgot to tell them I wanted 2 sheets with the green as the top layer and 2 sheets as the yellow as the top layer. That night they emailed me back stating they already started my order and could not change it but in the future for custom orders let them know on the order sheet. Now either that is fast service or I have been duped. Says that it takes 2 to 4 weeks for sheet goods. Will have to see how this plays out.

alankulwicki7

Bill,
I'll gladly share some of mine. I've got pen blanks and stopper blanks coming so let me know what you are interested in. I'll be at Scout camp with my son until Wednesday of next week and it may be a week or two until I get my packages from them.

Doug

keithncsu

I received notification that mine had shipped. When I pulled the tracking it shows that they should deliver today. I'll see what my box has when I get home!

Dan Masshardt

Got mine Saturday.

Attachments

• image-2179905270.jpg
    image-2179905270.jpg
    614.4 KB · Views: 569

WIDirt

Got mine Saturday. Have to admit, I was beginning to think they had forgotten me. My wife says they are all the same! Actually, out of 40 blanks, only 6 had duplicates, so I am quite happy!

Woohoo!

Last edited:

mecompco

Got mine as well. A nice assortment--was kinda hoping for one of the black and orange ones as shown above. Will have to take a run up there and see if I can't pick and choose some.

Regards,
Michael

liljohn1368

I looked at the site and it says they sold 50,000 pen blanks in a week. No wonder they're behind. Said they was trying hard to have them all shipped by 7/27

Top Bottom